• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Are Jim Lee sketch prices coming down?

13 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, NamesJay said:

Noticed this one closed for just over $1000 -- https://www.ebay.com/itm/JIM-LEE-ORIGINAL-ART-SKETCH-WONDER-WOMAN-CGC-9-8/273704332601?hash=item3fba0cad39:g:boQAAOSwm1VcZ3Ja

Do you think it's because it was personalized? I've seen people ask $4000 plus for pieces like this in the past...

Asking is one thing, but actually selling is another.  I think the market just decided what it's worth.  Being personalized might've played a small factor.  It's not like Jim Lee sketches come up for an auction style listing all the time. Usually, it's a BUY IT NOW or BEST OFFER.  So if you want one, you really can't be picky about it being personalized. I would be more concerned with the detail and if I actually love ( not like )  the sketch.

Edited by Catwomancomics

These were offered this year from a shop for $1600 to me, also signed by frank miller , and I could have submitted my own book with out frank miller for $1000. So not tooo too bad ( price includes CgC fees)

C82F3FA4-E899-4808-AD67-BB941AE361C3.jpeg

996DAA21-30B2-4193-9CD8-59FB44AA47F0.jpeg

Edited by Jking3437

16 hours ago, NamesJay said:

Noticed this one closed for just over $1000 -- https://www.ebay.com/itm/JIM-LEE-ORIGINAL-ART-SKETCH-WONDER-WOMAN-CGC-9-8/273704332601?hash=item3fba0cad39:g:boQAAOSwm1VcZ3Ja

Do you think it's because it was personalized? I've seen people ask $4000 plus for pieces like this in the past...

I bought that sketch knowing that it would sell low due to the personalization. I have plans to cover the personalization which already has been done and plan to reveal once returned from CGC. It has been colored and personalization has been covered. 

More detailed pieces like the one shown will run $4K or more 

6 hours ago, ivdyer said:

I bought that sketch knowing that it would sell low due to the personalization. I have plans to cover the personalization which already has been done and plan to reveal once returned from CGC. It has been colored and personalization has been covered. 

More detailed pieces like the one shown will run $4K or more 

Has CGC changed their stance on covering up personalizations? 

28 minutes ago, ivdyer said:

I am sure if the personalization was denoted on the original label I am sure they would have a stance but the label reads signed and sketched by Jim Lee.  

Ahh okay. That makes sense. I didnt notice the personalization wasnt noted on the label 

20 hours ago, Max Viera said:

does anyone know if i go to meet jim lee at baltimore comic con if he will do a quick head sketch for me for free. i have heard about him doing free quick head sketches but i dont know if he still does that

Never hurts to ask, but the probability is low. At this point he's so popular and needs to go through so many autographs that taking the time to do a quick sketch, no matter how quick it might be, might be a no-no. But as I said, never hurts to ask.

On 8/27/2019 at 2:34 PM, Max Viera said:

does anyone know if i go to meet jim lee at baltimore comic con if he will do a quick head sketch for me for free. i have heard about him doing free quick head sketches but i dont know if he still does that

I thought Jim's signings are so popular now that his handler basically collects the books and he signs them overnight somewhere off the convention floor?  At least, that was the process at SDCC.