• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NEW POLL QUESTION ADDED - Opinions on suspending the "exclusivity" rule during the VCC (Virtual Comic Convention)
4 4

Suspend selling guideline rule #4 (the "exclusive board-only offer") for the VCC (Virtual Comic Convention)  

90 members have voted

1. 1. This proposal would allow sellers to offer items for sale during the weekends of the VCC that are also for sale on other venues (ex. ebay, facebook, and other websites) without having to worry about it being an exclusive board-only offer.

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Whether you voted yes or no, would you be willing to accept a trial run for the rule suspension for the 2 remaining VCCs in 2019?

• Yes
    • No

115 posts in this topic

I would say Yes to the trial run, as that will probably provide hard data to your suggestion in suspecting #4 rule temporary during this period.

Once the admins have that data. It should answer all questions settled then we will know the results at the end. No more threads with the same subject again. Unless... that was already done I wasn’t aware of?

My only concern is vendors posting a bare minimum of books at VCC, and using it as advertising to their eBay store or other online presence.  I like knowing there are more books to bundle with my purchase, but I want people to put some effort into their display on the boards.  If so, I'd be happy to peruse your site for more stuff.

1 hour ago, Bird said:

The whole :takeit:thing is still in play in the overflow booths I guess, not eliminated entirely.

Not really. According to the guidelines, all VCC sales are to be completed through PM only. I always included the overflow booths into this guideline.

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/444202-the-virtual-comic-convention-vcc-rules-tips-faqs/?tab=comments#comment-10495333

12 minutes ago, DeadOne said:

Not really. According to the guidelines, all VCC sales are to be completed through PM only. I always included the overflow booths into this guideline.

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/444202-the-virtual-comic-convention-vcc-rules-tips-faqs/?tab=comments#comment-10495333

Never noticed it. Sounds good!

As for the 2nd question, since you have so few responses in comparison to the first question, I think it needs to be revisited.

I'd add something else, does the current rule prevent you from posting a sales thread in the VCC and if it was suspended, would you commit to posting a thread?

7 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

does the current rule prevent you from posting a sales thread in the VCC and if it was suspended, would you commit to posting a thread?

Yes for me. 

18 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

As for the 2nd question, since you have so few responses in comparison to the first question, I think it needs to be revisited.

I'd add something else, does the current rule prevent you from posting a sales thread in the VCC and if it was suspended, would you commit to posting a thread?

I think what we have is good without creating a new thread. I cannot imagine that anyone who voted yes for the first question would be against a trial run.

I'll wait until after this weekends VCC, to avoid any confusion, and contact the admins.  

If sellers were allowed one booth in each thread and the threads were made for ages, that might remove the distaste for looking at threads that don't have what you're looking for. 2c

As for exclusivity, I feel the appeal of the VCC is that it is something new or held back that, at least for now, you can't get anywhere else.

1 minute ago, PeterPark said:

If sellers were allowed one booth in each thread and the threads were made for ages, that might remove the distaste for looking at threads that don't have what you're looking for. 2c

This was what I had originally intended when I took over the VCC set-up, but the sellers that I spoke to were not very keen on the "extra work" needed to create multiple booths.

I still like the idea very much.

Just now, PeterPark said:

I tried to read into the theme of each thread based on the name but it wasn't implied enough that the sellers self-oriented based on the overall style of their offerings. Making it explicit might go a long way...

It's not set-up to have the halls split by comic era, the Halls are their simply to help combat the overload the new boards have when there are so many images loaded into a single post.

I just meant to say that I was willing to do it that way when I first revamped it in 2016. But if sellers who actually set-up at the VCC don't want it, it doesn't make sense to scare them off.

I'm all for eliminating the exclusivity rule.  Most of the stuff I would normally sell in a VCC is already listed in my eBay store.  It's a royal PITA to remove comics from eBay, list them in the VCC, then turn around and relist unsold items back on eBay again.

I sell both on eBay and Etsy and have the same books listed in both venues.  Whenever I sell something, I simply remove it from the other venue.  The odds of selling a book on eBay or Etsy during a VCC are slim to none.

16 hours ago, Shark said:

It's a royal PITA to remove comics from eBay, list them in the VCC, then turn around and relist unsold items back on eBay again.

OMG, you have to click on end item and then on relist item. What a tragedy!

:whistle:

33 minutes ago, Bird said:

OMG, you have to click on end item and then on relist item. What a tragedy!

:whistle:

It’s more than that.  I am allotted $30,000 listing limit each month. I currently have $28,000 worth of merchandise listed on eBay. If I end it I cannot realist that until the first of the next month. 

Someone texted me this morning that read this thread for the first time.  There are many people that do not list in scheduled events due to exclusivity.  

Regular board listings can keep the exclusivity rule though.  I have a couple of books to that are ending their 30 day listing soon.  When that happens I will list them here for a couple of days then if they don’t sell relist them on eBay

On 4/1/2019 at 4:01 PM, Bird said:

@Get Marwood & I Hmmm, is that what this is? (shrug)

D3E2wmDXcAEQhz1.jpg

:banana:

No, that's a Russian copy. Thanks for trying though :)

Hope the VCC went well by the way. I was offline and missed it. 

Now that the VCC this past weekend is over, I'd like to tag a few administrators and draw their attention to the proposal laid forth in this thread.

@Architecht @Scott =) @dena

Given the information, through the poll and the posts, do you believe it would be possible for the exclusivity rule to be suspended for the time period of the Virtual Comic Convention (VCC) and exclusively for those set-up at and within the VCC?