Michigan Comic Convention - August 16-18, 2019; Ron Lim, Gene Ha, Jose Delbo
1 1

18 posts in this topic

9,536 posts
Posted (edited)

MCC19-FB-Cover-image2b.thumb.jpg.564c1f7f1ed70d2ce75913c3b61e1d49.jpg

The second annual Michigan Comic Convention will be August 16-18, 2019. The convention will be held at Cobo Center in downtown Detroit. Visit MichiganComicConvention.com to view the guest list, ticket information, and exhibitor information. As with all Imaginarium conventions, we strive to offer a quality list of guest creators and a strong representation of comic book dealers.

Edited by KingOfRulers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,536 posts

We can't wait to get back to Detroit! It's just about 100 days till convention time. 

The current guest list is:

Guest creators:

Arthur Suydam
Casey Jones
Clayton Crain
Greg Horn
James Martin
Jason Moore
Jim Lawson
Joe Rubinstein
Jose Delbo
Michael Golden
Pablo Marcos
Ron Lim
Steve Leialoha
Tom Richmond
Tracy Yardley
Trina Robbins

 

Celebrity guests:

Ali Hillis
Barry Gordon
Cam Clarke
Carlos Alazraqui
Charlet Chung
David Henrie
Dylan Sprayberry 
Elodie Yung
Matthew Lewis
Rob Paulson
Rob Wiethoff
Steve Whitmire
Townsend Coleman
Val Kilmer 
Veronica Taylor
Walter Jones
Walter Koenig

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 post

So CGC will be at this convention? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,895 posts

Week of show bump!  This was a great show last year.  @KingOfRulers you may want to add some of the new Guests/Artists like Neal Adams to the title of this thread.  Good luck on year 2 my friend!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58,292 posts

We will actually be set up st this show. Heard good things

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,895 posts
Posted (edited)

@G.A.tor what booth number?

Edited by SkOw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,095 posts

I was hoping to make the drive down for this one but unfortunately conflicts with our schedule :( hopefully this one starts to grow as I'd love another close USA show to visit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,895 posts
14 minutes ago, Iceman399 said:

I was hoping to make the drive down for this one but unfortunately conflicts with our schedule :( hopefully this one starts to grow as I'd love another close USA show to visit.

I hope you can sometime too.  I think you will like it.  They do this show how Motor City SHOULD be laid out.  All the comic vendors are in the front of the hall, all grouped together.  And there are a lot of them.  Some of them do nothing but moderns/variants while others are nothing but GA/SA big books and then everything in-between.  

Even the guests are more focused towards COMIC guests than celebrities.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58,292 posts
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, SkOw said:

@G.A.tor what booth number?

Honestly no idea. I presume they’ve listed vendors on the site. New force comics. 

Edited by G.A.tor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,895 posts
30 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

Honestly no idea. I presume they’ve listed vendors on the site. New force comics. 

You are in 501 and 600, the 2 booths right by the front entrance! (worship)

Also I get dibs on any GA. :banana:

Dealer map from their site:

https://michigancomicconvention.com/wp-content/uploads/MCC-2019-MAP-EXHIBITOR-1.pdf

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58,292 posts
6 minutes ago, SkOw said:

You are in 501 and 600, the 2 booths right by the front entrance! (worship)

Also I get dibs on any GA. :banana:

Dealer map from their site:

https://michigancomicconvention.com/wp-content/uploads/MCC-2019-MAP-EXHIBITOR-1.pdf

 

Cool. I will have have some ga for sure 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,095 posts
On 8/13/2019 at 10:49 PM, SkOw said:

I hope you can sometime too.  I think you will like it.  They do this show how Motor City SHOULD be laid out.  All the comic vendors are in the front of the hall, all grouped together.  And there are a lot of them.  Some of them do nothing but moderns/variants while others are nothing but GA/SA big books and then everything in-between.  

Even the guests are more focused towards COMIC guests than celebrities.

Don't tease me cause I can't make it lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58,292 posts

On a plane to Detroit now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,047 posts
2 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

On a plane to Detroit now. 

Fly straight.  May you make no unscheduled stops

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58,292 posts
2 hours ago, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Fly straight.  May you make no unscheduled stops

That will be my preferred travel method as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58,292 posts

Day 2. Stop by and say hi 

DF5B54E8-EEF9-4DCE-BADF-896A9A3F9CA3.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26,525 posts

How did it go?  I always like Michigan cons but couldn't make it over this weekend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
1 1