• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Framing Acrylic Painting

6 posts in this topic

Hi,

Looking for some advice.

I just acquired a piece of Original Art that is an acrylic painting and I want to frame it but I have concerns if I did. I googled the topic and found debate on it about framing with glass or no glass. So I figured I'd come here and see what other collectors have done in this case.

Here is the painting.

Artist is Lucio Parrillo.

ivy2.thumb.jpeg.263731f26344e38eed2f7e8142a5dcd1.jpeg

All of my framed paintings are under museum glass, which is UV protected and low/no glare. You can choose not to use glass on paintings on mounted canvas, but cleaning the surface of a painting is tough, and all things in the air from dust to pollen or whatever will stick to it. Glass is just a small spritz of glass cleaner and a nice rag to clean and so much easier, as well as protecting the piece from the light and fading. SO I would recommend using the glass and spend for the good glass.

My 2 cents at least.