• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Closed and Sold! X-MEN 101 CGC 9.2 1st PHOENIX, SUPERMAN 123 1st SUPERGIRL

6 posts in this topic

Paypal, Venmo, Money Orders accepted, no returns on CGC graded books.  Shipping flat $12.50 for priority USPS.    1st Take gets it, PM also welcome.

X-Men 101 CGC 9.2 green for lower staple popped, you can't even tell by looking at it close!  1st Phoenix from upcoming X-Men movie!   $299, Now Only $285 a lower grade 9.0 qualified for a detached staple sold for $338 recently and unqualified will set you back for over $700!

Superman 123 CGC 3.5  Presents very nice for grade!  1st Supergirl try out pre dates Action 252!  $309  Now $295, Well Below GPA

I have sold many Major Key and Holy grail comics over the years....My Kudos page:  http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=85&Number=5066117&Searchpage=3&Main=233790&Words=TC33&topic=0&Search=true#Post5066117

X-Men 101.jpg

superman 123.jpg

Edited by TC33

Is it common for a detached cover (and 2 wraps in this case) to come back a green label?  I don't think I've ever seen this before.. Maybe bc people elect to have them come back low grade blue labels... Just commenting bc this made me do a double take, good luck with the sale!

1 hour ago, Laita said:

Is it common for a detached cover (and 2 wraps in this case) to come back a green label?  I don't think I've ever seen this before.. Maybe bc people elect to have them come back low grade blue labels... Just commenting bc this made me do a double take, good luck with the sale!

I have seen it many times, this is the main reason the green label exists.  It is far more common to do this kind of defect green label so people know what grade the book appears except for that one minor defect that makes it "qualified". This is the main purpose of green labels as it makes the book far more appealing than just slapping it into a blue label at FN etc and making people wonder why a NM looking was put into a FN label and wonder what the grade would have come out as without that minor defect that may or may not be a big deal to many people.

19 minutes ago, TC33 said:

I have seen it many times, this is the main reason the green label exists.  It is far more common to do this kind of defect green label so people know what grade the book appears except for that one minor defect that makes it "qualified". This is the main purpose of green labels as it makes the book far more appealing than just slapping it into a blue label at FN etc and making people wonder why a NM looking was put into a FN label and wonder what the grade would have come out as without that minor defect that may or may not be a big deal to many people.

Does CGC give you a choice?  I wasn't aware of that so genuine question.

7 minutes ago, 90sChild said:

Does CGC give you a choice?  I wasn't aware of that so genuine question.

Yes, you can request green label in this instance to make sure, I believe they would normally go green label on something like this if you leave it up to them?  However, I know you can for sure request blue if you want the technical grade with a blue label for personal preference.