• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Youtube recommendations?
1 1

35 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, nocutename said:

He annoys me the least of most comic video channels. 

Oh there's some guy I was watching and all of a sudden he does this pig squeal talk about annoying, I now watch with the sound off! Even then he still annoys me as I know what he's doing. If I find his name I'll let you know. 

Thanks @Buzzetta - I’m not sure what the policy here on shameless self plugs is, but you know I love to toot my own proverbial horn.

I host a comic book talk show each week called Pete’s Basement. We’re on YouTube and our parent site by the same name. We review new weekly comics, mostly #1s - as only a bunch of foul-mouthed New Yorkers can. We’re not everybody’s cup of tea but we think we’re funny!

If you’re looking for good collectibles reviews, check out Gem Mint - his show is great. 

2532130E-F457-4B9D-83EA-3C96A005B030.jpeg

Thank's for all the tips, a few I knew of and are already following, some I've never Heard of but look truly interesting. Alwaysa joy to partake of other peoples knowledge. :) 

I am going to post a Podcast.  He worked at the LCS, I shopped at and I feel like he just puts together a great podcast.  Season 4 has a fantastic interview with the owner of Zapp comics, Ben.  The podcast focuses on Collecting, the collector experience, the Retail end, conventions, cosplayers, etc.   They sometimes do a book review but that is rare.  So it isn't for those looking for a current weekly discussion.

Here's the link

https://flatsquirrelproductions.podomatic.com/

He is also on Itunes as well.  The company is called Flat Squirrel Productions

Edited by nocutename

Cartoonist Kayfabe is awesome. Ed Piskor and Jim Rugg mostly doing deep dives on old Wizard Magazine issues. Real deep dives, hours long. But it’s become more. They do Comics Journal issues, they’ve had guests, they show off their own work. It’s a great channel. The only comic channel I follow and the only”YouTube Show” I watch

On 4/1/2019 at 9:15 PM, oakman29 said:

Our own board member Eta Nick. Hes entertaining.

https://www.youtube.com/user/etanick1

IMO all newbies to the board should be directed to immediately watch @etanick 40-video tutorial on grading comics.  It should be a sticky in the newby forum.

Much Much MUCH more useful than the overrated Overstreet grading guide, which violates its own criteria with some of its examples, demonstrating how ridiculous some of its guidelines are.

CGC should be directing traffic his way, they owe him that much at least.

On 6/6/2020 at 3:46 PM, Taylor G said:

IMO all newbies to the board should be directed to immediately watch @etanick 40-video tutorial on grading comics.  It should be a sticky in the newby forum.

Much Much MUCH more useful than the overrated Overstreet grading guide, which violates its own criteria with some of its examples, demonstrating how ridiculous some of its guidelines are.

CGC should be directing traffic his way, they owe him that much at least.

After a VERY long hiatus, his tutorials  have been extremely helpful in picking up my grading skills.

Comic Tropes- great analysis of key moments and stories in comics as well as analysis of artists.

Comictom101- does a weekly trending list with Nick who created the key collector app. Used to have a podcast that wasn’t terrible but also wasn’t the most informative in terms of new info. I still watch just to know what’s selling and what certain masses are after.

Comic Book Palace- the best. Great discussion, authentic, funny. You literally watch people in a comic store and it’s well done IMO.

Very Gary Comics- good if you like unboxing videos and to see books before and after submitted to CGC. Also are some found collection videos.

There are a couple more I watch occasionally. Initially I had more but most jus showed off what they had bought or found which is great but rather than sit through a 10-15 minute video I’d rather come here and scroll through forums and see just as many cool finds in a quicker time span.