• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THREAD CLOSED - Hello dumpster!

7 posts in this topic

I have a bunch of cool comic-related mags that need to go.  Previews, Advance Comics, Comics Retailer, Diamond Dialogue, Wizard, Overstreet's Fan, and more.  Mostly from the 1990's.  If you're interested, I'll be happy to fill a flat rate Priority Mail box for you.  The box is 13-5/8" x 11-7/8" x 3-3/8"  and costs $14.35 to ship.  I'd like to get a couple bucks for my time and to cover the PayPal fees, so let's say for $18, I'll stuff a Priority Mail box with whatever you want.  You've got about 24 hours before these things hit the dumpster.  I hate to just chuck Frank MIller or Simon Bisley, but I'm tired of having these things around.  

Below I'll post some photos and descriptions of some of the items that'll be going tomorrow night.  If you're interested in them, let me know ASAP.  

If you live in the Springfield, MA area, you can have them all for, say, ten bucks with local pickup.

Just post "take it" with a note of the items you want in your box.  First come, first served.  Returns at your expense within 14 days.  Payment by Paypal.  

Edited by SOTIcollector

Advance Comics #53, May, 1993

Capital City’s publication featuring upcoming comics.  Quesada X-O Manowar cover.  Interviews with Bob Layton, Scott McCloud, Brian Pulido, Don Rosa

Previews, November 1992

Diamond Comics Distribution’s publication featuring upcoming comics.  Death cover, Vertigo trading card insert. 

Previews, December, 1991

Diamond Comics Distribution’s publication featuring upcoming comics. 

Ghost Rider, Punisher, Wolverine wraparound cover.  Fleer basketball cards insert.

Previews, November, 1991

John Byrne interview.

Comics Scoreboard #40, February, 1993.

Heroes’ World’s publication featuring upcoming comics.  This predate’s Marvel’s purchase of Heroes’ World, so these had a significantly lower print run and distribution than Capital City’s Advance Comics or Diamond’s Previews.

Comics Scoreboard #45, July, 1993.

Heroes’ World’s publication featuring upcoming comics.  This predate’s Marvel’s purchase of Heroes’ World, so these had a significantly lower print run and distribution than Capital City’s Advance Comics or Diamond’s Previews.

Silver foil X-men cover; insert celebrating 30 years of X-men.

Previews, March, 1993

Back cover by the legendary Frank Miller.  Bone trading card insert.  Beavis & Butthead card insert.  Four-page preview of Frank Miller’s Martha Washington Goes to War.

Previews, July, 1993.

Jim Shooter’s The Good Guys debuts.  Interviews with Jim Shooter, Chuck Dixon, David Lapham.

Advance Comics #54, June, 1993

Capital City’s publication featuring upcoming comics.

Frank Miller back cover.  Interviews with Gil Kane, George Perez, Tim Truman, Don Rosa (part 2 of a 2-part interview).

Wizard Spawn Special Edition, sealed.

Featuring 8 Spawn posters & more.

Wizard, the Guide to Comics #54, February, 1996

Sealed; unopened, unread.

Lobo vs. Wolverine cover;  Madman game; reporting from the set of the Generation X movie.

Wizard, the Guide to Comics #52, December, 1995

Dale Keown Pitt cover; Spider-man mini comic; Marvel Superheroes trading card insert; more.

Wizard, the Guide to Comics #52, December, 1995

David Duchovny & Gillian Anderson X-files cover; Spider-man mini comic; Marvel Superheroes trading card insert; more.

Wizard, the Guide to Comics #51, November, 1995

Magneto cover; behind the scenes of the X-men cartoon; Chris Claremont & Jim Lee; David Lapham ; more.

Wizard, the Guide to Comics #50, October, 1995

Spider-man cover; Todd McFarlane; The Tick; more.

Wizard, the Guide to Comics #48, August, 1995

Catwoman cover; John Romita, Jr.; Women in Comics; more.

Assorted issues of Comics Retailer

Two issues of Overstreet's Fan (sealed)