• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SOS WONDER WOMAN #1 & WHIZ #1 Lost Via FedEx To ComicConnect SOS
1 1

25 posts in this topic

Same thing happened to me a few years ago with two high-priced books.  I can't remember what carrier it was, but they delivered the package to a furniture store near Metro/CC's office.  Luckily, the furniture store returned the package to the carrier and it found its way to ComicConnect. 

I hope yours are found.  :wishluck:

20 hours ago, AnkurJ said:

What is FedEx saying? Does it show delivered anywhere at all??

From Vincent, " [They were] sent to my office last Tuesday. Fed Ex has thus far been unable to track it down. My concern is that a Fed Ex employee walked off with it. Please let us know if you are offered these books and please spread the news as much as you possibly can. Thank you in advance for anything you can do to help with this."

8 hours ago, Diamonddave said:

At a shop in Ar, did I read that right?

Are you referring to Arizona or somewhere else? hm

I assume the owner must have been honest enough then to have contacted FedEx to inform them about the misspent parcel. (thumbsu

2 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Are you referring to Arizona or somewhere else? hm

I assume the owner must have been honest enough then to have contacted FedEx to inform them about the misspent parcel. (thumbsu

It was a store owner in arkansas

im speculating but I suspect it was a tandem effort with a Fedex employee and someone else. The Fedex employee does what’s known as label swap and takes a parcel, in this case labeled for metro and removes label and applies their own label that goes to their partner

their partner  in other state receives the stolen parcel and then tries to sell item (in this case comics) in their state, presumably far enough away from suspicion 

luckliy it didn’t work this time , and comic store owner purchased the comics and I guess are returning them to metro 

22 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

im speculating but I suspect it was a tandem effort with a Fedex employee and someone else. The Fedex employee does what’s known as label swap and takes a parcel, in this case labeled for metro and removes label and applies their own label that goes to their partner

their partner  in other state receives the stolen parcel and then tries to sell item (in this case comics) in their state, presumably far enough away from suspicion 

luckliy it didn’t work this time , and comic store owner purchased the comics and I guess are returning them to metro 

Does fed ex require the sender to identify the box contents? I wonder how the “label switch” scammers choose their boxes

20 minutes ago, G.A.tor said:

Well, that's quite an interesting cross country story then. (thumbsu

Wonder in the comic shop owner knew in advance that they were stolen and how much he paid the culprits to purchase them? hm

Hopefully, the LCS owner is not out any money from all this although I am quite sure that Metro would cover that for just getting the books back. :wishluck: 

33 minutes ago, lou_fine said:

Well, that's quite an interesting cross country story then. (thumbsu

Wonder in the comic shop owner knew in advance that they were stolen and how much he paid the culprits to purchase them? hm

Hopefully, the LCS owner is not out any money from all this although I am quite sure that Metro would cover that for just getting the books back. :wishluck: 

Remember I’m just speculating but I know the Usps had a similar issue in fl some years ago with label replacement inside thefts