• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ryan Brown (cover artist/painter)...drop some knowledge on me

7 posts in this topic

Hello,

I recently discovered the work of Ryan Brown.  I know it seems to be a common name in the comic art world...the one I'm talking about is from Ireland and is predominantly a cover artist and painter. 

Internet searches didn't yield a whole lot of info, possibly due to the multiple comic artists sharing the same (or similar) name.  I'm wondering if anyone here has any knowledge they can share regarding the cost of his work and where to buy it.

As near as I can tell, his work sometimes sells through Berserker Art, but I can't seem to find any realized sales of his work anywhere to get a feel for how much I can expect to pay if I want to own a piece from him.  Is there any other place to look?  Does anyone know of any sales data I can use as a reference?

Thanks!

Here's one example of his work just so we're on the same page:

xforce_cover_by_ryanbrown_colour_dd0wovi-250t.jpg.68551b9823459afb9ea509df9bf3467c.jpg

18 hours ago, NicoV said:

Probably the same Ryan Brown in this Catawiki auction. It sold for 569€ (+9% buyer fee) six months ago.

Thanks!  I hadn't seen this.

Does anyone have any other data they can share?

20 hours ago, Turtle said:

Thanks!  I hadn't seen this.

Does anyone have any other data they can share?

Using Comic Art Tracker, this one is for sale at $200. A book called God Hates Astronauts. It doesn't look as good as what you posted:

Ryan Browne | God hates astronauts #01 page 19 by ryan brown | ComicArtFans Classifieds

9 hours ago, Nexus said:

I believe he's the brother of Simon Bisley's art rep, Andy Brown. Reach out to Andy, I bet he can hook you up.

Interesting.  I do feel a lot of Bisley influence in some of his pieces.  I guess there could be a reason for that.  Thanks.