• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Warning: Silver Surfer JD unused pg -Buscema & Sinnott on ebay could be misunderstood

21 posts in this topic

On 4/11/2019 at 2:17 PM, First Upgrade said:

Wrong again...

Just so we're clear, going forward, as your attorney, I am telling you to cut this Buscema piece into three sections. The first being just the top panel with the right hand side downward arrow included. The second being the middle panel. And the third being the bottom panel.

It is in your best financial interest to then have each cut panel hand colored by anyone. Preferably Steve Oliff, Lynn Varley, Frank Miller, Bob Layton, or even Barry Smith if possible. Have each colorist prominently sign the panel which they colored somewhere in the art area with a Sharpie(kindly allow them the option of selecting the ink color).

This next step is crucial...list each finished panel separately in a no reserve auction approximately four months apart. Place the first with eBay, the second with Comic Link, and the third with Heritage Auctions. Ensure that you understand exactly how much each panel is worth and enlist your friends/family to bid up the panels to that dollar amount. 

After you win each auction, you can either have them posted for sale on ComicConnect or on your very own original comic art dealer website. Regardless of platform, the NEW asking price for each panel must be marked up approximately 2-3X what you respectively paid to win each one back. Be certain to offer timed payments as well as offering to accept trade credit towards any panel or piece. After all, this is only fair.

20190411_161502.png

Great suggestion.   I was about to cut out the individual figures so it could be animated.  Stopped me just in time