• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fun little guessing game for FB comic prices.

24 posts in this topic

Some people had mentioned that most people selling books in FB groups are way high with their pricing. I just did a quick little search thru the groups and found some common key books in mid grade. They are all CGC graded Certified Blue Label. Lets see if you all can guess any of the prices of these books without going on FB and cheating. :taptaptap: The prize for person/persons guessing the closest is a free lunch with bitcoinswami at a restaurant of your choice. *

* Prize is for novelty use only.

Following are your books...……..

My favorite was from yesterday.

A guy was selling a Werewolf by Night #15 and a Tomb of Dracula #18 -- a fun Bronze Age crossover to be sure -- for....

Spoiler

$135.

Not graded; 7.0-7.5 (according to the seller). That's awesome.

4 hours ago, punksdropdirtysrh said:

Not as sure about the Marvel Spotlight and HoS prices but the ASM and FF are definitely high. 

The ASM is dead on gpa, not high. Could that have been one I sold a while back even?

The FF 52 is high by about $100 over gpa, the MS 5 is $20 less than last sale & 90 day, and the HoS 92 is a little under 90 day (5 sales avg $1940) and 12 month (11 sales avg $1899).

There is a guy who posts a book every few hours. He always claims the book was bought off the rack and put away for the last 30-50 years (he even said that for an autographed book). And then he attaches some $25-$100 price to no matter what. I never see anyone respond. I want to call him out on this nonsense he is trying to infer that these are pristine original owner books and such, but its really none of my business.

Yeah, those aren't *that* bad. Anything that isn't double market isn't *that* bad on FB.

Makes me think pricing everything according to 90 day GPA is going to result in a lot of sales....

hm

Should I take the plunge...? I dunno...

Edited by RockMyAmadeus

28 minutes ago, Bird said:

The ASM is dead on gpa, not high. Could that have been one I sold a while back even?

The FF 52 is high by about $100 over gpa, the MS 5 is $20 less than last sale & 90 day, and the HoS 92 is a little under 90 day (5 sales avg $1940) and 12 month (11 sales avg $1899).

Plus the MS5 is white pages as well, which some people would put a premium on.

Keys in slabs are not necessarily priced crazy over there (some sellers know the market, price around GPA (and say what GPA is, etc.). It's the raw books with lousy pics and intentionally mushy grading.

I guess you will find normal prices and inflated prices as well. I purposely looked for mid grade books because the NM and higher can be wacky. With all the groups out there you certainly have a lot of options. Some groups are always busy with sale items while others are basically dead. It is fun look I gotta say. Trying my luck on an auction tonight. Also need to save money for the VCC. May have to go into time payments. :ohnoez:

58 minutes ago, Ride the Tiger said:

I guess you will find normal prices and inflated prices as well. I purposely looked for mid grade books because the NM and higher can be wacky. With all the groups out there you certainly have a lot of options. Some groups are always busy with sale items while others are basically dead. It is fun look I gotta say. Trying my luck on an auction tonight. Also need to save money for the VCC. May have to go into time payments. :ohnoez:

:whistle: I have two sales going on now and more coming at the VCC and I take time payments.  :baiting: