• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Collecting Comic Book Related Oddities
2 2

68 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, thehumantorch said:

After recently buying a large collection that contained all kinds of strange Bronze Age and Silver Age related comic stuff I thought it was time for a thread devoted weird comic collectibles.

Let's start it off with a lovely Third Eye Silver Surfer Black Light poster.  One of 24 different posters printed in the early 1970s.  Color on these things are insane

blacklightsilversurfer-$650.jpg

Wow man that is really groovy! I bet I got some stuff for this thread...

Great thread thehumantorch, thanks.  This is (and is gonna keep being) fun...lots of pages to come I bet.

I have to get to my parents house, take a pic, big articulating Spidey still on the attic ceiling, 45 years and holding brightly colored and strong.

3 minutes ago, hapicamp said:

Great thread thehumantorch, thanks.  This is (and is gonna keep being) fun...lots of pages to come I bet.

I have to get to my parents house, take a pic, big articulating Spidey still on the attic ceiling, 45 years and holding brightly colored and strong.

Can't wait to see it.

Here's one of my favorites.  These were in a collection we bought and went into my keeper collection.

Stan Lee's The Secrets Behind the Comics. 

The original is the one on the right published in 1947 and the hardcover on left was published in 1994 - apparently fairly rare at 700 printed.

I'll try to get a couple interior shots edited in later.  Boggles my mind that Stan Lee wrote this back in 1947

P1010195.JPG

Edited by thehumantorch

1 hour ago, thehumantorch said:

Here's one of my favorites.  These were in a collection we bought and went into my keeper collection.

Stan Lee's The Secrets Behind the Comics. 

The original is the one on the right published in 1947 and the hardcover on left was published in 1994 - apparently fairly rare at 700 printed.

I'll try to get a couple interior shots edited in later.  Boggles my mind that Stan Lee wrote this back in 1947

P1010195.JPG

Fun coincidence with those; in an attempt to de-dry a bump, posted an except from my "Origins of MARVEL COMICS by Stan Lee" 1974, Simon and Schuster.  Fun book, great opening and closing paragraphs.

I found a set of Third Eye cards that were identical to the much larger posters. They are about the size of a birthday card. I gave away about half of them over the years, and have not seen them for sale.

5 hours ago, hapicamp said:

Fun coincidence with those; in an attempt to de-dry a bump, posted an except from my "Origins of MARVEL COMICS by Stan Lee" 1974, Simon and Schuster.  Fun book, great opening and closing paragraphs.

I believe Stan claimed he sold several thousand of these at $1 a piece at a time that he was pulling about fifty dollars a week at Timely. 

On 4/2/2019 at 10:49 PM, thehumantorch said:

After recently buying a large collection that contained all kinds of strange Bronze Age and Silver Age related comic stuff I thought it was time for a thread devoted weird comic collectibles.

Let's start it off with a lovely Third Eye Silver Surfer Black Light poster.  One of 24 different posters printed in the early 1970s.  Color on these things are insane

blacklightsilversurfer-$650.jpg

Want!  :headbang:

I love the black light & Marvelmania posters.