• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Collecting Comic Book Related Oddities
2 2

68 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, shadroch said:

I found a set of Third Eye cards that were identical to the much larger posters. They are about the size of a birthday card. I gave away about half of them over the years, and have not seen them for sale.

There's usually a set (of 24 cards) floating around on Ebay - two currently, one for $699 and one for $1000.

9 hours ago, shadroch said:

I found a set of Third Eye cards that were identical to the much larger posters. They are about the size of a birthday card. I gave away about half of them over the years, and have not seen them for sale.

You can find them on ebay.  Sell for about $20 each

12 minutes ago, flashlites said:

This thread is going to be amazing! I have to start a new want list now.

These are technically comics but I think they belong here.  Marvel mini comics from 1966.  You can find singles on ebay but a complete set like this is tough tough tough

Sgt Fury, Hulk, Thor Spider-man, Millie the Model, and Captain America, in  blue, red, orange, green, yellow and pale green.  They were sold in gumball machines and apparently also sold as cake decorations.  They're also the smallest comics published and possibly the first variant cover

P1010203.JPG

marvel-mini-books-cake-decorations.jpg

Here's an excellent site on the comics

https://taint-the-meat.com/2017/01/16/marvel-mini-books/

Edited by thehumantorch