• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Weird response from well known auction house re:damaged slab
1 1

31 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, thewritestuff said:

but they actually have a disclaimer on their site that stated they are not liable for chips, scratched, and other damage to slabs!

But unless specific, existing defect to a slab is mentioned in the description, when buying a slabbed item from any seller, the implication is that the plastic is free from these defects. Some care as much about the condition of the slab as they do about the book housed within, thus whether accepting responsibility for slab defect or not, if these defects pre-exist prior to shipment, they should be mentioned in the description. It's always best to let a buyer know as much as possible about an item prior to their purchasing it. Far fewer problems to address that way, thus saved time = saved money.

On 4/6/2019 at 8:47 PM, thewritestuff said:

Thanks for the input. It was a fellow named Brandon Peck at ComicConnect. I forwarded the entire message to the owners of the company. I’ll post an update if anything happens as result but they actually have a disclaimer on their site that stated they are not liable for chips, scratched, and other damage to slabs!

I have received numerous cracked cases from them (shipped cracked cases not caused by shipping) that were not disclosed.  They made it right in the end but it was like pulling teeth...

Edited by Xenosmilus

On 4/4/2019 at 8:59 AM, thewritestuff said:

"So, unless you’ve invented a way via osmosis to transfer the comic and/or label through that very, very, tiny, hairline crack, I think you’ll be good. Trust me, we crack and resubmit comics on a daily basis."

That is such a snarky and rude way to respond to a customer query. Totally unacceptable. 

Quick update: I’ve been waiting to hear back from Stephen Fishler. He responded after I reached out, looking to talk, but other obligations consumed my time. I reached back out to him... twice now. I’ll post an update here if/when he responds.

3 hours ago, thewritestuff said:

Quick update: I’ve been waiting to hear back from Stephen Fishler. He responded after I reached out, looking to talk, but other obligations consumed my time. I reached back out to him... twice now. I’ll post an update here if/when he responds.

Good luck...  :wishluck:

Well, it’s been over two weeks, and Mr. Fishler obviously has no interest in responding. He reached out to me once, I replied twice with my contact info and let him know my availability, and his lack of response is disappointing to say the least. 

It’s unlikely I’ll do business with them again. And after hearing similar complaints here and on IG, their disregard for customer satisfaction is well-known among collectors.

38 minutes ago, thewritestuff said:

Well, it’s been over two weeks, and Mr. Fishler obviously has no interest in responding. He reached out to me once, I replied twice with my contact info and let him know my availability, and his lack of response is disappointing to say the least. 

It’s unlikely I’ll do business with them again. And after hearing similar complaints here and on IG, their disregard for customer satisfaction is well-known among collectors.

Thanks for the update. I'm sorry this happened to you, but live and learn...  :foryou: