• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] FS: High Grade Bronze Age DC Horror Books -- All Raw!!
1 1

116 posts in this topic

Selling my small collection of DC horror books. Not sure what the interest level for these books is now, as I bought most of these back in the early 2000’s when they were super hot. There are some really great looking books here with classic covers and great artwork by Bernie and Neal Adams, among others. 

Most books are high grade, in the NM range, with nice pages and have well centered, rich, glossy covers. Don’t think any have been pressed. I don’t guarantee the grade, but I think that I am pretty accurate. I do guarantee that none are restored and I am pretty darned sure you will enjoy looking at these great covers and artwork (Wrightson at his best)

Back Covers: I was going to scan the back covers but decided not to. All back covers are clean and fresh with no date stamps, writing, or markings. If you need a scan of the back, just send me a PM and I will send you one.

First :takeit:wins over any PMs. 

I accept PayPal, money orders or check (must clear) and will send any invoices after everything is listed. 
Time Payments: If you order over $1000 and want to pay on time you can split the payments up over 60 days with a one-third non-refundable down payment, so if you see a lot of stuff you want, then buy, buy, buy!!!

I ship everything via USPS Priority with tracking. One or two books in a Priority envelope with cardboard for extra protection for $7.00. More than two books ship in a Priority box for $12.00 to anywhere in the continental U.S. I will ship outside the U.S. for $24.00.

Returns are accepted within 10 days of receipt, but the buyer must pay the return shipping.

Think that's it. Will start listing in a few minutes. (Even if you don’t purchase anything, please take a look at these great looking books.)

House of Mystery #174… VF/NM … $200.00 --- SOLD to picky collector

A pretty, perfectly centered copy with rich cover color. Nice looking copy of this classic cover. Presents very nicely.

HOM-#174-2.5'.jpg

Edited by RickHigh

House of Secrets #88… NM … $350.00 -- SOLD to Markentoth
I actually bought this copy slabbed (see label) and cracked it out. This a a really pretty copy with nice white pages. Of course, it is a classic Neal Adams grey tone cover and probably the most sought after issue of the run after the #92. This one is a real beauty.

HOS-88-Label.jpg

HOS-#88.jpg

Edited by RickHigh

Witching Hour #1 … NM- … $250.00 -- SOLD to pickycollector
This pretty copy contains the first appearances of Mordred, Mildred, and Cynthia!!! A fabulous cover by Nick Cardy with interior art by Neal Adams.

WITCHING-HOUR-#1.jpg

Edited by RickHigh

13 hours ago, comicquant said:

Any Weird War Tales?

Just one...
Weird War Tales #38 … VF/NM … $50.00 ... Now $40.00
Cool cover by Joe Kubert. Really tough book to find this nice.

WEIRD-WAR-#38-VF+.jpg

Edited by RickHigh

5 minutes ago, RickHigh said:
House of Secrets #88… NM … $350.00
I actually bought this copy slabbed (see label) and cracked it out. This a a really pretty copy with nice white pages. Of course, it is a classic Neal Adams grey tone cover and probably the most sought after issue of the run after the #92. This one is a real beauty.

HOS-88-Label.jpg

HOS-#88.jpg

:takeit:

DC 100-Page Super Spectacular #4 (Weird Mystery Tales) … VF+ … $125.00 -- SOLD to zosocane
Such a tough book in high grade. This is the first issue of the series and has a classic Bernie Wrightson cover (front and back — which I have included). This is one of my favorite Wrightson covers and presents much nicer than my grade. It has just a few small ticks that bring it down from the NM range, but still presents really nicely. You won’t be disappointed.

DC-100-#4.jpg

DC-100-Back.jpg

Edited by RickHigh

1 minute ago, RickHigh said:
DC 100-Page Super Spectacular #4 (Weird Mystery Tales) … VF+ … $125.00
Such a tough book in high grade. This is the first issue of the series and has a classic Bernie Wrightson cover (front and back — which I have included). This is one of my favorite Wrightson covers and presents much nicer than my grade. It has just a few small ticks that bring it down from the NM range, but still presents really nicely. You won’t be disappointed.

DC-100-#4.jpg

DC-100-Back.jpg

TAKE

House of Mystery #236 … NM-/NM … $150.00 -- SOLD to Markentoth
Still another Wrightson classic cover!!! This is a beauty with shimmering gloss and deep, rich colors. It also has Neal Adams and Steve Ditko art on the inside.

HOM-#236.jpg

Edited by RickHigh

Just now, RickHigh said:
House of Mystery #236 … NM-/NM … $150.00
Still another Wrightson classic cover!!! This is a beauty with shimmering gloss and deep, rich colors. It also has Neal Adams and Steve Ditko art on the inside.

HOM-#236.jpg

TAKE

Edited by Markentoth

House of Mystery #217 … NM … $175.00 -- SOLD to Markentoth
Bernie Wrightson classic cover. This is a super nice copy and another one of my favorite covers. You might not find a better copy than this beauty.

HOM-#217.jpg

Edited by RickHigh

Brave and the Bold #93 … NM-/NM … $300.00 -- SOLD to johnenock
Classic Batman and House of Mystery cover by Neal Adams!!! A beauty with nice white pages that features Adams’ artwork on the inside also. Tough to find this nice.

B&B-#93.jpg

Edited by RickHigh

Weird Mystery Tales #21… NM- … $300.00 -- SOLD to Markentoth
One of my favorite Wrightson covers and really tough to find this nice. This one is a beauty, with great cover colors and gloss.

WEIRD-MYSTERY-#21.jpg

Edited by RickHigh