4 posts in this topic

8 posts

Hi All,

So quick question, I noticed with the Signature Series, it says that it has to be witnessed by a CGC rep or from the author or publisher. 

So if you have a comic with a COA from the artist, will they still count that as signature series? 

Also, what about sketch covers with the authors signature.  Example is IDW's TMNT #1 RI-D cover variant.  They are noted in the comic as all signed and sketched by Kevin Eastman.  So if I send one to be graded does it still count as signature series?  If it doesn't I would rather keep them ungraded.

Please let me know what you have experienced with CGC, first time using them.

Q from Cypress City Comics

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600 (8).jpg

145 posts

If the books are already in your possession then the "Chain of Custody" has been broken and best you can get is a green label. Here's the thread discussion about it.

19,908 posts
16 hours ago, Cypress City Comics said:

Hi All,

So quick question, I noticed with the Signature Series, it says that it has to be witnessed by a CGC rep or from the author or publisher. 

So if you have a comic with a COA from the artist, will they still count that as signature series? 

Also, what about sketch covers with the authors signature.  Example is IDW's TMNT #1 RI-D cover variant.  They are noted in the comic as all signed and sketched by Kevin Eastman.  So if I send one to be graded does it still count as signature series?  If it doesn't I would rather keep them ungraded.

Please let me know what you have experienced with CGC, first time using them.

Q from Cypress City Comics

CGC doesn't accept COAs as proof for their Signature Series program. There are ways that an artist can submit a book they themselves signed or sketched directly to CGC and have it qualify for the signature series, but as Antyreal mentioned it's all about the chain of custody; once it's broken, the book is no longer eligible for SS.