• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Detective 233

24 posts in this topic

Hey everyone, accidentally posted this before in the wrong thread :(. I'd much appreciate your help on estimate of grade please - I'd be grateful for any help. I'm guessing 4-5.5 but I'm no expert and I'm trying to get my eye in. I've done the best I can at looking out for resto but I cant see anything obvious (I know it's pretty much impossible without the book in front of you - even then can be impossible).

Screenshot_20190404-114629_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20190404-114626_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20190404-114622_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20190404-114617_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20190404-155821_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20190404-114633_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20190404-114613_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20190404-114608_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20190404-114604_eBay.jpg

Screenshot_20190404-114601_eBay.jpg

Ok so looking around a 4.5ish then. Will a clean and press do much?

7 hours ago, comicginger1789 said:

I think 4.0-4.5 is a safe bet. The back cover and the spine looks a little rough to make it a 5.0

9 hours ago, TwoPiece said:

Not great images to go off of, but I would guess a 4.0 IMO.

I see this as scoring better than the 4s, and making at least 5.0 if the spine is completely solid. By that, I mean that that you can't see through any part of it (no splits, little or sizable), except for right at the staple holes. The back cover is much better than 4.0 range quality and there's no major creasing. A few scuffs here and there, some moderate spine wear at the line, but more solid than is usually typical of books scoring in the 4s. As someone said, the images aren't great, but from what I can see, at least 5.0.

45 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:

I see this as scoring better than the 4s, and making at least 5.0 if the spine is completely solid. By that, I mean that that you can't see through any part of it (no splits, little or sizable), except for right at the staple holes. The back cover is much better than 4.0 range quality and there's no major creasing. A few scuffs here and there, some moderate spine wear at the line, but more solid than is usually typical of books scoring in the 4s. As someone said, the images aren't great, but from what I can see, at least 5.0.

Great thank you for your opinion, very much appreciated! 

1 hour ago, Gnasher said:

Picture 5 appears to be the back cover of another book!? Despite the spine wear, it looks pretty solid to me, I'd put it at a minimum 5.0, but maybe getting a 5.5.  (thumbsu 

Your right sorry! Thank you. I'm hoping for a 5. Will definitely get it cleaned and pressed first

On 4/6/2019 at 10:21 AM, Gnasher said:

Picture 5 appears to be the back cover of another book!? Despite the spine wear, it looks pretty solid to me, I'd put it at a minimum 5.0, but maybe getting a 5.5.  (thumbsu 

17 hours ago, comicginger1789 said:

I also think 5.5-6.0 is possible here. Press def helped. 

Great thanks. I'm told GA comics are graded a bit more relaxed compared to newer comics so fingers crossed. 

I'm at 5.5/6.0 leaning more 6.0. press/clean by the right person shouldn't hurt the book, don't think you get more than a .5 grade increase due to the color break but the difference in price for that book .5 higher would justify eating the cost of the press. Just don't send it to anyone that uses a laundry iron to do their pressing.

Edited by Squad008
Spelling