• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This is why i buy books from Gojira (Mike) in France
1 1

17 posts in this topic

Surface shipping can be slow, this batch took 5 weeks.  Generally it's 1 week to 5 weeks as they come by boat.  I"m cool with that.  The following is not typical but shows how much @gojira cares about his packaging.   I will post a series of pictures.  The package was crushed, half submerged in water (the smell of wet cardboard was overwhelming)  This will blow your mind.

19 minutes ago, greggy said:

Are you sure it wasn't urine?

I haven't confirmed yet.  Thinking it fell off the ship and they had to hook retrieve it

40 minutes ago, Pirate said:

Surface shipping can be slow, this batch took 5 weeks.  Generally it's 1 week to 5 weeks as they come by boat.  I"m cool with that.  The following is not typical but shows how much @gojira cares about his packaging.   I will post a series of pictures.  The package was crushed, half submerged in water (the smell of wet cardboard was overwhelming)  This will blow your mind.

Thank you for the kind words Anthony! I'm amazed that the books survived with everything the package has gone through.

3 hours ago, Pirate said:

I suspect Mechagodzilla was the culprit here.

The damage looks incredibly vindictive, but, in the end, Gojira always wins.

Here are my Gojira Boxes.

fkEqJBqgaBtVVb3wCI2RUiaUihkOYYISxA47gAF3

The comics are bagged and usually double-boarded. Then put in a little shopping bag (from the local délicatesse?) Finally, the Gemini mailer is inserted into the larger box with peanuts. Even if you order just one book, he packs it like this.

Edited by adampasz

I never had any problems with transatlantic surface mail when I used it from the late 70s to early 90s, and the comics were always well-packed.

USPS airmail, used in recent years, has always been more of a concern for damage. What doesn’t help is the inferior packaging from some dealers, such as slabs taped between two pieces of cardboard, the same size as the slabs, offering minimal impact protection, and then tossed into a single box with a bit of scrunched newspaper.  

Hardly up to the standard seen here, with Mike clearly being someone who actually cares about getting these expensive items to the purchaser in an intact state after a transaction.  

Thoughtful and exceptional presentation from him.

Edited by Ken Aldred

I bought a comic from Mike on Sep 18. The comic arrived extremely well packaged on Oct 2. That's 2 weeks and 1 day (including Sundays). Mike says he lives overseas, but in reality he lives down the street (from everybody).

On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 3:05 AM, Ken Aldred said:

I never had any problems with transatlantic surface mail when I used it from the late 70s to early 90s, and the comics were always well-packed.

USPS airmail, used in recent years, has always been more of a concern for damage. What doesn’t help is the inferior packaging from some dealers, such as slabs taped between two pieces of cardboard, the same size as the slabs, offering minimal impact protection, and then tossed into a single box with a bit of scrunched newspaper.  

Hardly up to the standard seen here, with Mike clearly being someone who actually cares about getting these expensive items to the purchaser in an intact state after a transaction.  

Thoughtful and exceptional presentation from him.

As RMA's recent post has shown, even fully wrapping with bubble wrap may not save the slab when the USPS really wants to mangle it