• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Headline Comics # 8 Classic Hitler Cover
1 1

14 posts in this topic

55 minutes ago, fifties said:

No worries if paying by PayPal.  If he doesn't send the goods, buyer protection will reimburse the buyer.

What about the new thing with PayPal now that they will keep their 3% instead of refunding it back to buyer. Would be a small loss.

1 hour ago, Dark Knight said:

What about the new thing with PayPal now that they will keep their 3% instead of refunding it back to buyer. Would be a small loss.

Please cite your reference to that.  I just Googled, and they haven't changed their full refund policy for items not received or significantly different than as described.

8 hours ago, Dark Knight said:

It appears this new change won't be active until May 7th , but this is the thread I am referencing.  If the buyer does demand a refund back before the date, than he would be fine.

Wouldn't the seller be out the fees, not the buyer?  This is the first time I've seen anyone read it as the buyer losing the 3%, not the seller.  Seller should eat the fees, not the buyer (even though it's still a dumb policy change).  

Yes, you're right.  The seller would be out the 3% fees.  I made the mistake in thinking it was the buyer, which really wouldn't make any sense.  Still sucks as a seller going forward. Sellers on ebay are already at a disadvantage as opposed to the buyers in terms of any disputes, and now they put this thing on the seller too!?