• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fantastic Four #1
1 1

37 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, obiedagod said:

There Is no point to this. I just saw that thread about Spider-Man #2 (I think) Restored and wondered people would pay for an FF #1 that was utterly destroyed.

And no- II don't own the book. I wish I did, though

Plenty, it's a very important book and has value even in trashed condition.

On 4/6/2019 at 10:33 AM, obiedagod said:

Lets suppose for a moment that there exists a man who owns a FF #1. He has owned this book since childhood. IT is well read (A 4.0), and it has several panels and coupons clipped out. So it is INCOMPLETE. He decides to restore this book, and it gets a 7.0, once restored. As he steps out of a comic shop where he went to a free grading, he drops the book in a puddle. IT then gets run over by many cars, and a dog has its way with the book. He decides to still get it graded. It comes back as a CGC 0.5. Restored. Incomplete.

He offers to sell it to you. How much would you pay?

So an eBay near mint ?

On 4/6/2019 at 12:33 PM, obiedagod said:

Lets suppose for a moment that there exists a man who owns a FF #1. He has owned this book since childhood. IT is well read (A 4.0), and it has several panels and coupons clipped out. So it is INCOMPLETE. He decides to restore this book, and it gets a 7.0, once restored. As he steps out of a comic shop where he went to a free grading, he drops the book in a puddle. IT then gets run over by many cars, and a dog has its way with the book. He decides to still get it graded. It comes back as a CGC 0.5. Restored. Incomplete.

He offers to sell it to you. How much would you pay?

tree fiddy

20 minutes ago, Sensei Ryan said:

What I want to know is, why did it take an entire page of posts before I saw someone post 'tree fiddy?'

Back in the day it would be the first or second reply...:preach:

What's the world comin' to these days :facepalm:

lol 

What does tree fiddy mean in this context?

On 4/7/2019 at 5:55 PM, obiedagod said:

Yup.  It's a sad story about a helpless, vulnerable FF 1 that has known nothing but trauma and abuse its entire life, and it would be nice if, despite its bedraggled appearance, some collector would go to the shelter, adopt it, and show it some human kindness at last in its twilight years.

4 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:

Yup.  It's a sad story about a helpless, vulnerable FF 1 that has known nothing but trauma and abuse its entire life, and it would be nice if, despite its bedraggled appearance, some collector would go to the shelter, adopt it, and show it some human kindness at last in its twilight years.

We should do a PSA with "Arms of the Angel" in the background.

5 hours ago, Ken Aldred said:
On 4/7/2019 at 11:55 AM, obiedagod said:

I'm crying right now, I really am.

1 hour ago, DR.X said:

I'm crying right now, I really am.

It’s an all-time great key comic and Kirby classic fallen on hard times, so that’s understandable.

23 hours ago, Sensei Ryan said:

What I want to know is, why did it take an entire page of posts before I saw someone post 'tree fiddy?'

Back in the day it would be the first or second reply...:preach:

What's the world comin' to these days :facepalm:

lol 

I was thinking the exact same thing before I posted.  (thumbsu