• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM TMNT #1 (3rd)

8 posts in this topic

So I finally dug into my lone long box that I've been lugging around from move-to-move for 30+ years and found a first-six issue run of TMNT.

The good news: waves of nostalgia! Bought the first three at a neighborhood CBS in Milwaukee in '85. It was these issues, and a the first few issues of Elementals, bought during the same trip, that ignited my love of comics.

And the (very) bad: Well, check out these pics! A double-whammy of reading the hell out of them when I was 12, and naively storing them in a regular-sized long box, hence the cracks and rolls. Currently kicking my 12-year old self. 

I know low-grade TMNT are still occasionally coveted, but how low-grade is this? Would it be worthwhile to get pressed and slabbed, or should I just re-bag and board it and be satisfied with the nostalgia it triggers?

TMNT1.jpg.c2a6066ab566c27de5da27d4bb4f3be9.jpgIMG_5150.JPG.392d8e5191aa2a758dea6a881e9a7609.JPGTMNT6.jpg.fdaa902c6d8c9cd83e1022c4f0787cda.jpgTMNT5.jpg.424218d589dc8ef55c1bcad711f30da1.jpgTMNT4.jpg.61633efe93e00ac5df40748caaeca61b.jpgTMNT3.jpg.9ca226f11580a7a1f399dd7082dfe269.jpg

Edited by alexanderjk

Judging by the photos you have there, I'd say your at a 3.0 solid, with a bit of luck 3.5. I full shot of the back cover would help Alex. (thumbsu

Welcome to the boards btw.

2 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Judging by the photos you have there, I'd say your at a 3.0 solid, with a bit of luck 3.5. I full shot of the back cover would help Alex. (thumbsu

Welcome to the boards btw.

Thank you! Discovering this board has reignited my interest in comics. 

Pics of back and interior: 

TMNT7.jpg

TMNT8.jpg

46 minutes ago, alexanderjk said:

Thank you all for all of the replies!

Will get it pressed and slabbed regardless due to sentimental value. Because this was THE book that got me into collecting when I was 12. 

Let us know how it grades, so we can see how bad we are lol