• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Amazing Spider-Man #6 CGC 9.0
1 1

11 posts in this topic

Thanks to everyone who has reached out via PM to express interest in this book.  I was asked by one of you to provide a back cover image, so we took new photos of both front and back.  See below for some additional comments on how the book looks in hand.

IMG_0087.thumb.JPG.2008543b60884e35a7735917570f80fa.JPG

IMG_E0088.thumb.JPG.e5bdf0fce110f02c6779f03e2ad15805.JPG

I can confirm that there is a narrow dust shadow along the upper half of the right edge on the front cover.  I don't think it's as prominent in hand as the images show, but it's definitely there.  It does not extend all the way to the upper right corner, starting more or less in line with the little "logo" inside the Comics Code stamp and going down to about where the Lizard's knee is.

There is also a tiny spine stress line right at the word "HALF-MAN."

On the back cover, you'll see in the image what looks like discoloration along the edges, particularly in the corners.  I can confirm that this is really a Newton ring-ish effect from the case.  If I press lightly with my thumb on those areas, the discoloration moves which tells me it's not on the book.  Also please pardon the fact that you can see my daughter's reflection in the book, which is creating the illusion of waviness along the bottom edge.  No such defect exists on the book.

If anyone has any other questions about how the book looks in hand, I will do my very best to answer honestly.  I'm a picky collector like you, I try to pick books that present really well for their grade, and I humbly believe this is one.

Thanks again for the interest!

22 minutes ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Thanks to everyone who has reached out via PM to express interest in this book.  I was asked by one of you to provide a back cover image, so we took new photos of both front and back.  See below for some additional comments on how the book looks in hand.

IMG_0087.thumb.JPG.2008543b60884e35a7735917570f80fa.JPG

IMG_E0088.thumb.JPG.e5bdf0fce110f02c6779f03e2ad15805.JPG

I can confirm that there is a narrow dust shadow along the upper half of the right edge on the front cover.  I don't think it's as prominent in hand as the images show, but it's definitely there.  It does not extend all the way to the upper right corner, starting more or less in line with the little "logo" inside the Comics Code stamp and going down to about where the Lizard's knee is.

There is also a tiny spine stress line right at the word "HALF-MAN."

On the back cover, you'll see in the image what looks like discoloration along the edges, particularly in the corners.  I can confirm that this is really a Newton ring-ish effect from the case.  If I press lightly with my thumb on those areas, the discoloration moves which tells me it's not on the book.  Also please pardon the fact that you can see my daughter's reflection in the book, which is creating the illusion of waviness along the bottom edge.  No such defect exists on the book.

If anyone has any other questions about how the book looks in hand, I will do my very best to answer honestly.  I'm a picky collector like you, I try to pick books that present really well for their grade, and I humbly believe this is one.

Thanks again for the interest!

Damn Lou --- is it me, or does this book scream "I NEED A PRESS!!!" ?????? 

9 minutes ago, tdotcbc84 said:

I think what you think your seeing is the reflection of him taking a picture with his camera.  Not to say it could or couldn't use it, but the things that look pressable look like they are just reflection artifacts.  Either way is a pretty book.

4 hours ago, tdotcbc84 said:

4 hours ago, gotpong said:

I think what you think your seeing is the reflection of him taking a picture with his camera.  Not to say it could or couldn't use it, but the things that look pressable look like they are just reflection artifacts.  Either way is a pretty book.

Thanks very much, and as I noted above you are correct, you're seeing my daughter's reflection in the case.

I am not an expert on which books might press to a higher grade, because it's not something I typically do.  But to the extent that the book is almost entirely free of color-breaking defects, I'll leave it to a potential buyer to decide if that makes the book even more appealing.