• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GA: Catman #20, Millie, Hickory, Venus, Blonde Phantom, Jetta, Haunted Thrills, Wonder 15, Cap, Young Men 24, and more cool stuff. REDUCTIONS.
1 1

55 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, grebal said:

That's an amazing looking 5.0  -  do you think the reduction just because of the back cover, it looks much nicer than VG/F?

These are the grader notes

fingerprints back cover
light, multiple crease left bottom of front cover
moderate tanning interior cover
multiple crease back cover
open siamese pages page(s) 1-12

I had estimated the grade would be 5.0, though I think the rough page edges were due to a blunt blade, not separating siamese pages. They all have the same pattern.  It's one of those books that looks like a 6.0 until you inspect it carefully and the small flaws add up. 

Reductions on most books. Good for the next 48 hours, then I'll close this thread. Prices are as low as I'll go for now on single books paid via pp. 

Thanks for looking!

On 4/6/2019 at 8:59 PM, rjpb said:

BROADWAY BLACKOUTS #2

4.5  OW 

There are some brown stains along top half of interior spine, like something was wicked through small tears in spine.

GGA humor. 

$250 $200

blackouts002.thumb.jpg.31774cc2642f6a4384998307539b5c8c.jpgblackoutsbc002.thumb.jpg.9a27a8bf7fa03d156fb25785f89a3512.jpg

take

On 4/7/2019 at 5:02 PM, rjpb said:

BLUE RIBBON COMICS #18

1.0 Color Touch

CR/OW

Some bad amateur resto has been removed, but a little c.t. remains, their is some paper tape residue on the interior cover where pieces had been attached. Still one piece of paper replacing a back cover chip.  Extra staples, tape on cover. The tape is excessive, as the spine is still largely intact, just off the staples at one point. The is an H2O stain on the bottom margin of the whole book. Book is supple and readable. 

Beat but complete.

Mr. Justice cover.

$240 $220

blueribbon018.thumb.jpg.2d544e958c269949c2a4d5e6a0f79015.jpgblueribbonbc018.thumb.jpg.5c6d83ad35a53029e86cb73ed3412df1.jpg

take

23 hours ago, rjpb said:

THIS IS WAR #6

OW/W PAGES.

Nice looking copy with great color and sharp spine. Violent cover with bullet passing through soldier. 

Alex Toth art on inside story. 

$55

thisiswar006.thumb.jpg.34ced5f21da579c20cad911cd857f629.jpg

take

On 4/6/2019 at 9:33 PM, rjpb said:

:takeit: in thread rules. Returnable in 14 days for any reason. $6 shipping in US for raw $15 for CGC,  at cost elsewhere.   No HOSers or probies.

Need a couple weeks to pay?  - no problem, I'll hold the books for you.  

Time payments available on orders of $1000 or more (10% down - the balance in 90) 

CATMAN  #20

2.0  OW 

Classic Hitler cover.

Cover, 1st wrap and centerfold detached.  The second wrap is a wartime half wrap, and is glued at the margin to the first wrap. I don't know if this was production or not. No glue staining. 

The cover and first wrap have a 1 &1/2" tear at the top left. Top right corner has been nibbled, it is not chipping.

Eye appeal is solid. 

$4200 $3900

catman020.thumb.jpg.767d76b917653942948e7312a737b242.jpg

catmanbc021.thumb.jpg.6aecfc3b561b2749dbcf6baccf6334e7.jpg

How ironic is it that a mouse or rat nibbled on a Catman comic? LOL

I'm not in the market for this issue, but I am curious about something. Do you know whether all copies of this issue were made with wartime half wraps? That's something I've only seen once on a book (a WDC&S no. 41), and I'm curious about how that was handled at the bindery. It seems like it would have complicated the binding process quite a bit. It's hard to see how the loss of efficiency could have justified the small amount of paper saved.

it

1 hour ago, jimbo_7071 said:

How ironic is it that a mouse or rat nibbled on a Catman comic? LOL

I'm not in the market for this issue, but I am curious about something. Do you know whether all copies of this issue were made with wartime half wraps? That's something I've only seen once on a book (a WDC&S no. 41), and I'm curious about how that was handled at the bindery. It seems like it would have complicated the binding process quite a bit. It's hard to see how the loss of efficiency could have justified the small amount of paper saved.

It's common with 56 page (not including covers) Timelys from the war era. It does seem like extra work, and the page counts were divisible by four, so I don't know why why it was done this way, as there ends up being at least a couple in each book. 

11 hours ago, rjpb said:

it

It's common with 56 page (not including covers) Timelys from the war era. It does seem like extra work, and the page counts were divisible by four, so I don't know why why it was done this way, as there ends up being at least a couple in each book. 

OK, thanks! (It's one of those things I've been curious about for a while.)