• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need help

4 posts in this topic

Bought a book off eBay and I’ve never seen a 9.0 with this many problems. It says on verification that grader notes are coming soon. So I can’t buy them to see. How is this a nine and can these cases be opened and switched 

D0D2038B-585F-4320-9EC9-8A6B436D6BC7.jpeg

33A1338D-99E0-4E31-B711-CDB98158E802.jpeg

6D2A7B22-F1F9-4857-9BD3-91BF364B2F7C.jpeg

You'd lose a few ounces of finger meat trying to swap inner-wells.  I'm 99.9% sure its not possible (I've cracked several) so it may just be overgraded.  Its not unusual to see black covers with several spine ticks and receive a decent grade.  It could also be an error in the labelling.  I would return it if you're not comfortable with it.

Yeah, the new cases are tough to crack open. I had to use a pair of pliers to break the corners on one yesterday, and shards of plastic flew everywhere. I guess I'll have to wear eye protection when I crack out books from now on. I really hope this is a mix-up and this book received the wrong label, because 9.0 seems a little high for the amount of spine stress I'm seeing. Oh well, stranger things have happened...  :whistle:

16 hours ago, comicquant said:

You'd lose a few ounces of finger meat trying to swap inner-wells.  I'm 99.9% sure its not possible (I've cracked several) so it may just be overgraded.  Its not unusual to see black covers with several spine ticks and receive a decent grade.  It could also be an error in the labelling.  I would return it if you're not comfortable with it.

This.