• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your best day in comic collecting?
6 6

86 posts in this topic

I've had two best days in collecting today and two months ago at a show.

Today

Ironman 1

Ironman and Submariner 1CGC 7.5

Uncanny xmen 266 CGC 9.8 SS Andy Kubert

Edge of Spiderverse 002 9.8 CGC 

Comic show

New Mutants 98

Edge of Spiderverse 002

Killing joke

Rai 0 autographed

Deadpool circle chase

Deadpool 1

A run of knightfall

Thanos 13 9.8 CGC 

Thanos 13

Spawn 1 CGC 9.8

I think long term value today was my best,but I really enjoyed the show too. I cant decide, for memories the show for sure

What's your best day?

1 hour ago, Buzzetta said:

First AF15 I got as a reward to myself for graduating college.   I saved up a lot of money on the side for it.  In 1997-98 it cost $950 which was the most I had ever spent really on anything that I did not need to take a loan out for.  Yes, I still have it.  When people ask me if I will ever sell any of my AF15s my answer is that one day I might but that college copy I bought is the one that is the most meaningful and is not going anywhere. 

Amazing😉👍

6 minutes ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Did you have any idea of what you were getting into looking back on it all?

Not really, Just excited, and ready to read it with my father. Never dreamed how much that copy of ASM 129 would travel with me, or that I would still have that book today. 😃

Edited by nepatkm

9 minutes ago, nepatkm said:

Not really, Just excited, and ready to read it with my father. Never dreamed how much that copy of ASM 129 would travel with me, or that I would still have that book today. 😃

The Punisher is one of my fav superheroes and his origin story one of the best and most tragic.

Two of my best comic purchasing days:

1 -  I picked up a stack of 20¢ DC books from a Craigslist listing.  Completely well read stack, probably round 100+ books for about $30 bucks.  I, then started a post over on the real DC boards (years before they were taken down), entitled All those 20¢.  I would post each issue I read and we would discuss the issue or artist.  There was one poster there that was very well educated about DC artist.  I think he was in the industry at one point but he never divulged anything about his past work experience.  (Sheepishly, I did post here back in the day to see if it was worth picking.  I was told no.  :$)

2 - Picked up a long box at a garage sale of all BA Batman issues from a guy about 10 minutes away from me.  I went back the next day and took another huge stack of his books.  I still have most of the books I purchased that day.  They were from his personal childhood collection.

50 minutes ago, Gaard said:

Two days -

1) My13th birthday (1975). My older sister handed me a present. Inside the box were a bottle of Tahitian Treat, a can of Pork n Beans, and a Daredevil #1.

2) Sometime around 1980 ... the owner of the LCS I frequented as a kid (The Book Stop in Grand Rapids, MI) handed me a DD #48. It was the last issue I needed to complete my complete run of Daredevil.

Sadly, shortly afterwards my life took a turn towards college, marriage, etc. & I was completely out of comics for about 25 years.

She let you get back into it?😀

1 hour ago, DocHoppus182 said:

I’ve had a lot of fun or “best” days during my time collecting you could say.  I think one of my favorites is something that occurs quite frequently.  My best friend’s basement is our hang out.  It’s completely finished and even has a fridge stocked with pink lemonade and yoo-hoo!  Sometimes we trade back and forth, sometimes we just watch tv.  Of course I could say my best day was the day I discovered Timely or the day I finally got a copy of Hulk 1 back after foolishly selling my first one a few years prior.  Those were definitely great days. But sitting with my friend amongst the things we love, by far, is the best.  

The basement is a lot bigger than this, but here is just one view from where I sit.  I should take more pics for the comic room thread.

94DF0011-38A9-46DD-8B72-85BF9B5B14CC.jpeg

I take it your friend's ocupation is a KEYmaker right? Incredible books there!