• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your best day in comic collecting?
6 6

86 posts in this topic

In terms of purchasing it definitely happened back in 1988. Got my ASM #1 (still have it, came back CGC 3.0), my former ASM #5 (came back CGC 5.0), and a copy of ASM #14 that looked 8.0-8.5 but was trimmed (didn't know any better in 1988, sold it and disclosed it). Paid $150 for the bunch, which was a lot of money in between my sophomore and junior years of high school.

1 hour ago, mysterio said:

In terms of purchasing it definitely happened back in 1988. Got my ASM #1 (still have it, came back CGC 3.0), my former ASM #5 (came back CGC 5.0), and a copy of ASM #14 that looked 8.0-8.5 but was trimmed (didn't know any better in 1988, sold it and disclosed it). Paid $150 for the bunch, which was a lot of money in between my sophomore and junior years of high school.

Nice!!!!👍

I'm still not on that level,most of my collection is moderns.

1 hour ago, Hollywood1892 said:

Nice!!!!👍

I'm still not on that level,most of my collection is moderns.

I’ve often said that if I didn’t start collecting early ASMs back in the late 80s it’d be really difficult to amass my same collection today. Even with a break in the late 90s and early 00s for grad school I was able to fill in gaps rather than start from scratch when I got back into it.