• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jane Foster's First appearance as Thor

11 posts in this topic

I've noticed a note is put for when Jane Foster is revealed to be Thor on slabs of Thor #8, but why isn't there a note for the first appearance of Jane Foster as Thor in Thor #1 2014? Was it because her powers were identical to that of Thor? Because Rulk and Red She Hulk got their first appearance notes, but I guess it's because they were different enough?

7 minutes ago, Catwomancomics said:

I haven't read the books for that series but here is my guess.  #1 was her cover appearance.  #8 was where she officially became Thor.  I'm comparing it to Shuri as Black Panther. She appears on the cover of #1 in 2009 and doesn't officially become Black Panther until issue #5.

That's a great comparison thanks! I guess since both characters Thor & Black Panther just changed who's at the mantle, a note is only given once the identity is revealed. In Hulk Vol. 1, #1, we didn't know the identity of Rulk but it still got the "1st appearance of Red Hulk". I guess Rulk as a character is different enough that they felt in that instance it's worthy of a note.

9 minutes ago, Immortal Hulk said:

That's a great comparison thanks! I guess since both characters Thor & Black Panther just changed who's at the mantle, a note is only given once the identity is revealed. In Hulk Vol. 1, #1, we didn't know the identity of Rulk but it still got the "1st appearance of Red Hulk". I guess Rulk as a character is different enough that they felt in that instance it's worthy of a note.

Red Hulk appears on the cover of #1 and in the 2nd issue.

2 minutes ago, Catwomancomics said:

Red Hulk appears on the cover of #1 and in the 2nd issue.

Rulk does appear, but his identity was unknown just like Jane's Thor, but I guess it gets a "1st appearance of Red Hulk" because Red Hulk was deemed different enough than the regular Hulk.

2 minutes ago, Immortal Hulk said:

Rulk does appear, but his identity was unknown just like Jane's Thor, but I guess it gets a "1st appearance of Red Hulk" because Red Hulk was deemed different enough than the regular Hulk.

Was it a brief appearance? 

1 minute ago, Catwomancomics said:

(thumbsu then issue 2 is full appearance.  It's been a while since I've read those books.  Sold them off long ago.

Yeah but CGC notes #1 as "1st appearance of Red Hulk", I believe because the logic is Red Hulk is different enough than the regular Hulk.