• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best Con for Buying Actual Comic Books?
3 3

82 posts in this topic

Not many cons can come close to competing with Heroes and Baltimore in terms of the amount of comics in one room.  Try to get a dealer badge and get there during set up since the wolves are picking the carcass as early as possible.  C2E2 has a select group of guys but I'd avoid it if you are looking for the pure comic book experience.  I've not been in a few years but Wizard Chicago use to be a must go con but I've heard its been an off couple years.  Out west I hear people saying good things about the Seattle Con but I believe that one is more an entertainment con compared to the big cons out east.

9 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
17 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:
22 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

What's the best Con for buying fake comic books?

The Con Con.

Mind blown

You've got her up the wrong way then Mark :whatev:

19 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:
24 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

What's the best Con for buying fake comic books?

The Con Con.

Ken's running one out of California I believe. Calling it the 'Ken Cal Con Con'.

@Ken Aldred

2 hours ago, Pirate said:

Gem City Con in Dayton Oh.  Awesome buying show.  Even better since @greggy doesn't come

Hoping to make it up to Gem City in a couple of weeks. Had a great buying time a couple of years ago. Very fun show.

1 hour ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Ken's running one out of California I believe. Calling it the 'Ken Cal Con Con'.

@Ken Aldred

I never leave Manchester.

There’s no need to.

41 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

I never leave Manchester.

There’s no need to.

Plus they won't let you. 

1 hour ago, Ride the Tiger said:

What about the one in Wheaton at the fairgrounds?

it doesn't compare to Baltimore as far as books sold. However the dealers at Wheaton are cooler

17 minutes ago, lordisam said:

The only con I've ever been to in my life was this year's C2E2, so I am now an expert.  Plus I have seen several MCU movies.  The point is apparently you should to go Baltimore Con.

It depends what you're looking for. Books wise it was my favorite con of the season. The area is beautiful, but as far as being harassed by homeless people it's not awesome.