• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Iron Man # 128
1 1

11 posts in this topic

Hi all, My question, besides an overall grade, has to do with the creases on the front over helmet and back lower left corner. Would the creases, which were in the paper during the printing process, be considered a manufacturing defect? How would this effect the grade? The comic is otherwise in excellent shape. Thanks... 

_MG_1726.jpg

_MG_1727.jpg

_MG_1728.jpg

_MG_1729.jpg

_MG_1730.jpg

_MG_1731.jpg

_MG_1732.jpg

_MG_1733.jpg

_MG_1734.jpg

_MG_1735.jpg

_MG_1736.jpg

_MG_1737.jpg

Edited by jokiing

Yeah 8.0 minimum, a dry clean wouldn't go amiss for the back cover. The creases are production creases, as simple as that, and won't affect the grade, some buyers will avoid though out of preference. (thumbsu

18 hours ago, Gnasher said:

Yeah 8.0 minimum, a dry clean wouldn't go amiss for the back cover. The creases are production creases, as simple as that, and won't affect the grade, some buyers will avoid though out of preference. (thumbsu

Thanks everyone for the input.... Took another look at the back cover and what you are seeing are some production ink smears and a slightly underexposed pics. Except for the print creases, which shouldn't effect grade(?), only thing I can see are a couple of non color break spine ticks. Here's a better exposed back cover.

_MG_1727.jpg

Edited by jokiing
Add photo

4 hours ago, jokiing said:

Thanks everyone for the input.... Took another look at the back cover and what you are seeing are some production ink smears and a slightly underexposed pics. Except for the print creases, which shouldn't effect grade(?), only thing I can see are a couple of non color break spine ticks. Here's a better exposed back cover.

_MG_1727.jpg

I'm still where I was before at a minimum 8.0 

Looking at the top right is what appears to be a partially erased name when  viewing large scan?

35 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

I'm still where I was before at a minimum 8.0 

Looking at the top right is what appears to be a partially erased name when  viewing large scan?

Are you talking about the front cover? I just took the comic out and had another look. Both front and back are glossy and smooth with no signs of writing or erased names. You might be seeing the bleed through of the advertisement inside the cover. Looking at this book in hand the only thing I would take away from the grade are a couple of spine ticks.

46 minutes ago, jokiing said:

Are you talking about the front cover? I just took the comic out and had another look. Both front and back are glossy and smooth with no signs of writing or erased names. You might be seeing the bleed through of the advertisement inside the cover. Looking at this book in hand the only thing I would take away from the grade are a couple of spine ticks.

This is the area I'm talking about, To me, there is some faint markings there., erased pencil, soiling? I've cleaned my glasses and screen too btw :bigsmile:

2bec8bd8307852f1da6e357c26686659.jpg

image.png

Edited by Gnasher

OK, I see what you're looking at.... Like I mentioned, it's production ink smears and it's possible that it was transferred from another book so you may see what looks like partial letters. The paper is totally glossy throughout so nothing was erased. Also keep in mind that things look a lot worse when you blow them up... that's why I avoid those magnifying make-up mirrors.

Edited by jokiing

2 hours ago, jokiing said:

OK, I see what you're looking at.... Like I mentioned, it's production ink smears and it's possible that it was transferred from another book so you may see what looks like partial letters. The paper is totally glossy throughout so nothing was erased. Also keep in mind that things look a lot worse when you blow them up... that's why I avoid those magnifying make-up mirrors.

It'll do OK (thumbsu