• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Market value: Hulk by Dale Keown & Gary Frank
2 2

10 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, Black Lantern said:

Hi,

I would like to know if it's allowed to ask for some market value for two OA pages? I did some research but couldn't find any really good data.

Thanks!

Yes it is, ask away! 

Malvin 

Great, so here we go :-)

I bought these two pages at a convention today and I know that these are very good artists but I don't have a clue about the value of their OA pages, especially when the pages are not that exciting. Price was fine for me, which is why I bought them. The one on the right is Hulk 409 by Gary Frank and the one on the left is Hulk 386 by Dale Keown. The only similar Keown page without any action in it I could find was on HA (Auction Result). This one didn't even have Hulk on the page and it sold for $1.314 !? But it was from From the Ethan Roberts Estate Collection and I don't know if that adds any value to it? Anyway, it just seems a lot but maybe they go for that price all the time?

So what are your opinion on these two pages? Any help is very appreciated!

IMG_5647.jpg

Edited by Black Lantern

If you're fine with the price, you paid the right price? ;)

I'd say Keown is more in demand that Frank. Keown's stuff does sell for a lot.

Edited by Twanj

Thats Hulk #386, not #306. Keown is by far the more desirable of the 2, even with the browns stain on the Frank page.  If you paid less than the HA auction result you referenced, you got a good deal. The Frank, I would not buy for the stains, though the UK guys might like it for the Motormouth appearance.

8 hours ago, Twanj said:

If you're fine with the price, you paid the right price? ;)

I'd say Keown is more in demand that Frank. Keown's stuff does sell for a lot.

Yes you are right, especially if I would have bought it for myself. But this time I bought it for potential resale, so I wasn't so sure about it.

3 hours ago, MYNAMEISLEGION said:

Thats Hulk #386, not #306. Keown is by far the more desirable of the 2, even with the browns stain on the Frank page.  If you paid less than the HA auction result you referenced, you got a good deal. The Frank, I would not buy for the stains, though the UK guys might like it for the Motormouth appearance.

Correct, that's a typo, it's #386.
Thanks for your input on the value!

3 hours ago, Black Lantern said:

Yes you are right, especially if I would have bought it for myself. But this time I bought it for potential resale, so I wasn't so sure about it.

Oh ok! You can probably make some money depending how much you bought it for?

Keep in mind, Heritage seems to get more eyes & higher bids for premium material than other places.

See comicarttracker.com for currently available Keown pages that aren't selling ($1725, https://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1507098 ) and history of selling prices.

5 hours ago, Twanj said:

Oh ok! You can probably make some money depending how much you bought it for?

Keep in mind, Heritage seems to get more eyes & higher bids for premium material than other places.

See comicarttracker.com for currently available Keown pages that aren't selling ($1725, https://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1507098 ) and history of selling prices.

That 397 page is a very interesting example bacause it is on Clink.  Auction starts Wednesday