• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Holy Bat Pages up for auction !!!
1 1

78 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:

Any Bat page from a Tec 27 for sale is lovely imo.  Better page quality than the Action 1 record breaking single page. Origin story  and cover swipe page will be tough to beat but I’ve never seen Bat pagrs publically  for sale. That—-abd the amount of bat fanatics out there hoping for any shot at a Tec 27 picturing the Bat ——I think these are going to crush at auction ( maybe not beat the Action 1 origin page ( that’s a special page imo ) but I wouldn’t make a bet either way 

:whatthe:  :whee:

10 minutes ago, Wayne-Tec said:

I believe they’ll all sell for 10K+ pretty easily.

Wouldn’t be shocked to see something to the effect of...

30k+ for page 1.

20-25k for page 2.

15-20k for page 3.

Personally I think page 3 has the best eye appeal but page 2 is my favorite out of the three.  

4 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

Personally I think page 3 has the best eye appeal but page 2 is my favorite out of the three.  

Page 1: Debut, splash, 1st Bruce Wayne, 1st Jim Gordon.

Page 2: 1st Batman in costume (non-shadow). Incredible iconic image of Batman with his arms folded.

Page 3: Great Batman art, conclusion to story and the reveal of Bruce Wayne as Batman.

Every single page is out of this world.

8 minutes ago, Wayne-Tec said:

Page 1: Debut, splash, 1st Bruce Wayne, 1st Jim Gordon.

Page 2: 1st Batman in costume (non-shadow). Incredible iconic image of Batman with his arms folded.

Page 3: Great Batman art, conclusion to story and the reveal of Bruce Wayne as Batman.

Every single page is out of this world.

Yes. Yes. And yes !!!   If they go fir the numbers you predict it would be hard for anyone not to split up a coverless copy from a purely monetary standpoint. 

2 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

Yes. Yes. And yes !!!   If they go fir the numbers you predict it would be hard for anyone not to split up a coverless copy from a purely monetary standpoint. 

Or, they realize that coverless copies are undervalued as they are. Not many copies out there period, let alone those that are still complete or mostly complete.

6 minutes ago, Wayne-Tec said:

Or, they realize that coverless copies are undervalued as they are. Not many copies out there period, let alone those that are still complete or mostly complete.

Would love to know how many coverless conplete ( or almost complete ) Tec 27’s & Action 1’s there are out there. I’m sure I’m not the only one. Census would be nice for the census to include everything. Slabbed 

Edited by Chicago Boy

10 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

Would love to know how many coverless conplete ( or almost complete ) Tec 27’s & Action 1’s there are out there. I’m sure I’m not the only one. Census would be nice for the census to include everything. Slabbed 

Agreed. I’ve archived every copy I know to exist. But I’m sure there are more.

4 minutes ago, Wayne-Tec said:

Census numbers are almost even for total copies.   Did you find the same with the coverless copies ? 

4 hours ago, Wayne-Tec said:

No.

More coverless Tec #27s than coverless Action #1s.

I’m not keeping track but that’s what I’ve seen but more loose Action 1 pages 

Edited by Chicago Boy

54 minutes ago, Wayne-Tec said:

These are the only loose Tec #27 Batman pages I’ve ever seen.

I’ve only seen it one other time and I believe those sold via private sale ( trimmed from a bound volume ) 

These pages are climbing up:

Page 1 is at $7,200.

Page 2 is at $7,700.

Page 3 is at $7,000.

I think page 2 may be pulling away from the pack. 1st Batman in costume and some of the best art from the issue.

Edited by Wayne-Tec

38 minutes ago, Wayne-Tec said:

These pages are climbing up:

Page 1 is at $7,200.

Page 2 is at $7,700.

Page 3 is at $7,000.

I think page 2 may be pulling away from the pack. 1st Batman in costume and some of the best art from the issue.

Looks like it. My fave of the three. Either way 3 people’s opportunity to win a piece oif history-  id just want a crack at one of them 

On 5/12/2019 at 2:14 PM, Wayne-Tec said:

What count do you have for coverless conplete /almost complete Tec 27’s and Action 1’s.  My guess is less than 10 for the Tec and less than 5 for the Action....