• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Holy Bat Pages up for auction !!!
1 1

78 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Wayne-Tec said:

Is it unreasonable to think that’s a $100,000+ book?

I think 100k.  Looks like the owner came down 5k ?  What’s a pound for pound Tec 27 if that’s 6 figures ?  Can’t think of another coverless that can get even close Years down the road .....

Just now, comicdonna said:

I am guessing that is the same copy that sold for less than 100K by Topcollectibles88? not too long ago?

Yes. I thought it was a 100k book then.  Think it went in the 90’s ? 

44 minutes ago, Wayne-Tec said:

Is it unreasonable to think that’s a $100,000+ book?

If you need a copy of Action 1 this is the cheapest you will ever get 1 I think.

6 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

It is absolute madness...total insanity...that I am seriously considering bidding on these.

:facepalm:

I hate you all for driving the prices up on this stuff.

:banana:

Ha !    I’ve never seen Bat pages from a Tec 27 come up for auction publicly ever !     Page 2  ( my favorite page ) is  in a substantial lead and I predict will finish that way ( although there’s not a bad page in the bunch ). Bunch = 3 pages 😳. Each page has a hostoricalness to it  ( I can’t say that about the Action 1 pages )

Edited by Chicago Boy

On 5/12/2019 at 1:29 PM, Wayne-Tec said:

I believe they’ll all sell for 10K+ pretty easily.

Wouldn’t be shocked to see something to the effect of...

30k+ for page 1.

20-25k for page 2.

15-20k for page 3.

Bumping Wayne -Tec’s predictions for comparison’s sake .....

On 5/12/2019 at 2:29 PM, Wayne-Tec said:

30k+ for page 1.

20-25k for page 2.

15-20k for page 3.

I don’t know if these estimates were a little overly ambitious but I think we’re going to see some big numbers tonight.

1 hour ago, Wayne-Tec said:
On 5/12/2019 at 11:29 AM, Wayne-Tec said:

30k+ for page 1.

20-25k for page 2.

15-20k for page 3.

I don’t know if these estimates were a little overly ambitious but I think we’re going to see some big numbers tonight.

I think right around $10k is a good benchmark for the more important pages of the book. The problem with a few of these pages is that they are jacked up with rough edges and pieces missing.  If it was a nice clean page without any of those issues, I can see it sell for more.  Maybe not at the $20k-$30k levels.  

On 4/8/2019 at 8:07 AM, Chicago Boy said:

I’m going bold with 20k, 15k, 15k if they present decently. Never seen any before sold publically. People will liquidate I think to win these

I was also thinking in this range and 15-20k    20-25 if better presenting and better PQ

On 6/11/2019 at 2:01 AM, Chicago Boy said:

Action 1 page 3 white pages closed at $ 9,600.  Fine price. Wonder where the tec 27 bat Pages end up tomm ??

I though with white pages compared to all the brittle ones that sold years ago it would have been 15k. I think A white pager  instead of brittle would sell for 30-35k: Car lift page and first page.  Since the first page that was brittle sold in auction for 25k and the caf lift was like 3 years ago at 16k buy it now.

The  Superman 1 in this auction that ends tonite should sell 22k-30k a brittle page just sold a ha.com  for 14.8k in march and 22k in 2018 cream to off white.

Batman vs  Superman coverles and single pages at its best!!!

On ‎6‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 10:30 AM, zen514 said:

I though with white pages compared to all the brittle ones that sold years ago it would have been 15k. I think A white pager  instead of brittle would sell for 30-35k: Car lift page and first page.  Since the first page that was brittle sold in auction for 25k and the caf lift was like 3 years ago at 16k buy it now.

On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 5:01 PM, Chicago Boy said:

Action 1 page 3 white pages closed at $ 9,600.  Fine price. Wonder where the tec 27 bat Pages end up tomm ??

Batman vs  Superman coverles and single pages at its best!!!

Maybe if its listed at $15,000 buy it now price, it might fetch closer to $15,000?

15 minutes ago, Spiderturtle said:

Maybe if its listed at $15,000 buy it now price, it might fetch closer to $15,000?

Hindsight Turtle  but I would think so - certainly within 30 days.  I thought  at least 2 of the pages wud have fetched that and one hitting 20k.  I was shocked.  

Edited by Chicago Boy