• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Holy Bat Pages up for auction !!!
1 1

78 posts in this topic

20 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:

Hindsight Turtle  but I would think so - certainly within 30 days.  I thought  at least 2 of the pages wud have fetched that and one hitting 20k.  I was shocked.  

First page in Better condition could jave hit 25k. Still placing Action 1 page 1 at 35k+++ first page of forst suoer hero book. has the origin and superman in costume in action on reverse. Tec27 ( 1 year after ac1 and because of its success)page 1 had Bruce Wayne. 

1 hour ago, zen514 said:

First page in Better condition could jave hit 25k. Still placing Action 1 page 1 at 35k+++ first page of forst suoer hero book. has the origin and superman in costume in action on reverse. Tec27 ( 1 year after ac1 and because of its success)page 1 had Bruce Wayne. 

I thought the condition of page 1 was sufficient to tie the Action 1 Page 1 record ( yes the greatest single page in all of comicdom ).  I thought people wud liquidate if need be to get one of these pages as who knows when another opportunity would arise.  

Edited by Chicago Boy

31 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

I thought the condition of page 1 was sufficient to tie the Action 1 Page 1 record ( yes the greatest single page in all of comicdom ).  I thought people wud liquidate if need be to get one of these pages as who knows when another opportunity would arise.  

I think the tec27 page 1 is a 20-25k page  and the ac1 pg 1 35k. like i said no bagman in action just bruce wayne and no origin. Also published  over a year later thanks Action 1

2 hours ago, zen514 said:

People keep describing page 2 as first image of Batman but  he's there, albeit in silhouette right in the title panel.

41 minutes ago, bluechip said:

People keep describing page 2 as first image of Batman but  he's there, albeit in silhouette right in the title panel.

He is most definitely there 👍🏻  Ok to ask what ever happened with your awesome Bats bound volume that included Tec 27 ?

3 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:

He is most definitely there 👍🏻  Ok to ask what ever happened with your awesome Bats bound volume that included Tec 27 ?

Still have them.    Still thinking of selling; just undecided about best way to do that. 

Edited by bluechip

10 hours ago, bluechip said:

Still have them.    Still thinking of selling; just undecided about best way to do that. 

For what it’s worth I think it was priced right on and the venue you chose to sell was right on as well

Edited by Chicago Boy

19 hours ago, zen514 said:

Curious what board members view of the top 3 pages of action 1 are.  Price wise page 1 and pg 5(car lift) are number 1 and 2.  Which one is #3?

12 hours ago, Spiderturtle said:

Curious what board members view of the top 3 pages of action 1 are.  Price wise page 1 and pg 5(car lift) are number 1 and 2.  Which one is #3?

Paging Wayne-Tec and Zen514....

5 hours ago, Chicago Boy said:

I won the action 1 pages from heritage a few years ago.  Had them graded separately.  The pages were brittle so I WAS SWEATING BULLETS separating the staples from the pages and bagging and boarding them to send to CGC.  The pages had already separated so the staples were not original.  Eventually sold all 7 pages of the super man pages.  I even offered it here on the boards, on the Sales forum. no interest at all initially.  Page 5 seemed to be the most popular.  Didn't realize that page 1 had the capability of beating page 5.  The moral of the lesson is ask for the Moon and you might get it. Theres not that many action 1s available.  I guess its really in the eye of the beholder on which page is more/less desireable

Edited by Spiderturtle

7 hours ago, Spiderturtle said:

I won the action 1 pages from heritage a few years ago.  Had them graded separately.  The pages were brittle so I WAS SWEATING BULLETS separating the staples from the pages and bagging and boarding them to send to CGC.  The pages had already separated so the staples were not original.  Eventually sold all 7 pages of the super man pages.  I even offered it here on the boards, on the Sales forum. no interest at all initially.  Page 5 seemed to be the most popular.  Didn't realize that page 1 had the capability of beating page 5.  The moral of the lesson is ask for the Moon and you might get it. Theres not that many action 1s available.  I guess its really in the eye of the beholder on which page is more/less desireable

I  think I remember that auction. I thought it was a steal at 22k ish fir all 7 pages ? ( although they were raw ?). Page 5 was always my favorite  but I’ve since become a champion of Page 1 as the best of the bunch. 

On 6/19/2019 at 3:46 PM, Spiderturtle said:

On 6/20/2019 at 4:08 AM, Chicago Boy said:

I would place AC page 1 and page 5  ( cover swipe)

1 and 2 but its basically a  coin flip slight advantage to 1 in my opinion. First page that started it all. Has the origin and ta full page of supes in action. The a more distant  Tec27 page 1.

If they were all in cream to off white pages and no big chunks missing like the Tec 27 page 1.

action 1 page 1   35k  ( the page 1 was brittle ans sold for 25.5k in auction)

Action 1 page 5   30k-35k(cover swipe)

sold 3 years ago when at 16k ( buy it now) when pages and coverless were selling for far less than today. 

Tec 27   page 1  20-25k 

any other AC1 or Tec27  are 15k range

I would say more  for the last pages page 7 for supes and page 3 for bats

2 minutes ago, zen514 said:

I would place AC page 1 and page 5  ( cover swipe)

1 and 2 but its basically a  coin flip slight advantage to 1 in my opinion. First page that started it all. Has the origin and ta full page of supes in action. The a more distant  Tec27 page 1.

If they were all in cream to off white pages and no big chunks missing like the Tec 27 page 1.

action 1 page 1   35k  ( the page 1 was brittle ans sold for 25.5k in auction)

Action 1 page 5   30k-35k(cover swipe)

sold 3 years ago when at 16k ( buy it now) when pages and coverless were selling for far less than today. 

Tec 27   page 1  20-25k 

any other AC1 or Tec27  are 15k range

I would say more  for the last pages page 7 for supes and page 3 for bats

Thanks for your input.  I know you have a lot of experience with  these so it’s cool that you chimed in