• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Los Angeles Torpedo Comics Collectors Convention JULY 14, 2019
4 4

90 posts in this topic

Enjoyed the show today, chatting with Boardies is always a highlight for me. :foryou:

I can certainly sympathize when listening to several out-of-towners who were really taken aback by the poor conditions in the Los Angeles area. The Palladium was a more comfortable venue than the hotel last year, but I do understand the (valid) concerns of others.

Now please convince CGC to come out next year!

Good seeing you today Steve as well as many other boardies and a lot of good friends. Had a great time and took some photos. Too busy tonight but I will do a full report tomorrow with photos over in GA in my “Son of 50 Year Junk Obsecession” thread. Drop by if you are interested...

4AACF2A9-2C71-47EE-8B46-5278B266B1E1.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Good seeing you today Steve as well as many other boardies and a lot of good friends. Had a great time and took some photos. Too busy tonight but I will do a full report tomorrow with photos over in GA in my “Son of 50 Year Junk Obsecession” thread. Drop by if you are interested...

I will, and I have to say that you are the BEST box-diver I’ve ever seen, a magnet for the best books at the best deals! (worship)

3 hours ago, sacentaur said:

Enjoyed the show today, chatting with Boardies is always a highlight for me. :foryou:

I can certainly sympathize when listening to several out-of-towners who were really taken aback by the poor conditions in the Los Angeles area. The Palladium was a more comfortable venue than the hotel last year, but I do understand the (valid) concerns of others.

Now please convince CGC to come out next year!

Steve, I agree.  Finding neat comic books is nice, but catching up with friends is a whole lot of fun!

The last time I was at the Palladium was back in 1990 for a concert.  I remember thinking it is an "old" building.  So what.  But today, I appreciate the Art Deco architecture of the hall.  I wonder what it was like back in the thirties, forties and fifties!