• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Los Angeles Torpedo Comics Collectors Convention JULY 14, 2019
4 4

90 posts in this topic

On 6/26/2019 at 9:14 PM, comiconxion said:

Yes, you'll get an e-mail as the show get a bit closer.

This is a bit more than a bit, mate

and the thought of queuing up with a mob for Will Call doesn't sound like a great way to start the day

On 6/29/2019 at 9:32 AM, comiconxion said:

Hard to believe... only ~2 weeks till the show - looking forward to seeing everyone there.  A few updates on to pass along:

Adds:  Neal Adams, Prop Store, Nerdy Girl Comics

Will Not Be Able to Make It:  Frank Cho, Metropolis Comics

Parking Public parking next door will be $15.  

NO Frank Cho?? What happened?

On 7/8/2019 at 10:04 PM, Dr. Love said:

This is a bit more than a bit, mate

and the thought of queuing up with a mob for Will Call doesn't sound like a great way to start the day

But hanging with all my boardie buddies talking funny books doesn’t seem so bad!

If anyone is on the fence about attending, I went last year and thought it was a great show. There were plenty of great dealers and books in the room. It reminded me of some of the monthly NYC shows back in the 1990s.

I thought last year’s venue near LAX was great. I’m not thrilled about the new location in Hollywood, but I’ll try to keep an open mind.

6 hours ago, Ghost Town said:

If anyone is on the fence about attending, I went last year and thought it was a great show. There were plenty of great dealers and books in the room. It reminded me of some of the monthly NYC shows back in the 1990s.

I thought last year’s venue near LAX was great. I’m not thrilled about the new location in Hollywood, but I’ll try to keep an open mind.

The dealer line up for this year's show seems better than last year!  That says quite a bit about the show and says quite a bit about SDCC (in a different way).

I was not thrilled about the LAX location last year, but I understood why it was held there.  This year, parking seems to be a little more reasonable and there appears to be some more choices for eateries.  But people come for the comic books, and there appears to be quite a few! :)

5 hours ago, JWKyle said:

@comiconxion So where is this email for prepaid tickets :baiting:I keep my paypal receipt and printed that out hopefully that's enough to get us in. I'm looking forward to this show for sure .  

I talked with John and it’s scheduled to go out by End of day today.  

20 minutes ago, woowoo said:

Lets see some close up pictures of great books I am still 50/50 that I will drive 7 hours hm 

with your highways it could double that lol