• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Do movies impact comic values? Check out my hideous ASM 13... we'll see! Edit: auction results in...

40 posts in this topic

It's from a collection I bought off my brother in law... an estate attorney... I slabbed it just to see what it got... also because I thought it might actually look too gruesome outside the case!!!! :roflmao:

ASM13fair1.thumb.jpg.3ea0aa0956743d530832a396a573e7ca.jpgASM13fair2.thumb.jpg.4f9d08539b5c2b8f67d744e1fd0f7f71.jpg

Now that I see the photos close up... I guess either way the reaction is the same...

Jumping-Out-Of-The-Window-Because-Of-The

This kind of thing is where eBay can actually be entertaining. LOL :)

Edited by oldrover

Just now, oldrover said:
3 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Being serious, it's still great :foryou: 

And a Fair sold last July for $225... this festival of cellophane might fetch $300! LOL

Look at it this way, at least it isn't .5 with no room to go lower, it's a Blue Universal 1.0, :headbang: rock that thang!

8 minutes ago, oldrover said:

Well, I think they had to give it a Fair... it's not missing any pages. Due to the professional taping job!  LOL

I believe they consider and grade tape as if it wasn't there, so I'm sure that they see that the cover is still attached somehow.

I'm not that picky sometimes :foryou: 

There are plenty of poor collectors who also ride the movie speculation (no judgement) and buy the copy they can afford, in this case that would be your copy. 

Since a 1.8 has been selling for $400+ I think you can hit $300 just out of people being desperate for the "hot" book. 

Ditko Spideys are cool in any condition. And it's very true, there are collectors at every level. I love low grade silver Marvels. I'd rather have a box full of beaters instead of one or two crazy expensive books. I know a lot of people feel the opposite. There's no wrong way to collect. 

1 hour ago, F For Fake said:

There's no wrong way to collect

ahem... hold my beer

Edited by Buzzetta