• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Misaligned Staples Interior

8 posts in this topic

I have a similar question to this.

I just got a book and found on one page, the top portion of the page came loose from the staple. The bottom of the page is still attached to the bottom staple.

I'm just wondering how much this will affect the overall grade/condition of the book. 

Thanks!

On 4/18/2019 at 10:46 PM, IvoryBonesJones said:

I have a similar question to this.

I just got a book and found on one page, the top portion of the page came loose from the staple. The bottom of the page is still attached to the bottom staple.

I'm just wondering how much this will affect the overall grade/condition of the book. 

Thanks!

I don't think your question can be answered without seeing the book. It depends on the overall grade of the book, ignoring the staple problem. The higher the grade, the higher the effect on the grade. A 9.6 may become a 9.0 but a 5.0 may have little to no affect. If you bought this book raw, I would not be happy.

On 4/20/2019 at 11:40 AM, Bomber-Bob said:

I don't think your question can be answered without seeing the book. It depends on the overall grade of the book, ignoring the staple problem. The higher the grade, the higher the effect on the grade. A 9.6 may become a 9.0 but a 5.0 may have little to no affect. If you bought this book raw, I would not be happy.

CGC will give you a qualified grade. 

10 hours ago, iXr184 said:

CGC will give you a qualified grade. 

If the cover is detached at a staple, you are correct that CGC will give you a Qualified grade. However, the owner implied it's only detcahed on an inner page. If that is true, I think it will just take a grade hit. I believe I once submitted a book to CGC where the center page was detached at one staple. I think it just took a grade hit .

27 minutes ago, Bomber-Bob said:

If the cover is detached at a staple, you are correct that CGC will give you a Qualified grade. However, the owner implied it's only detcahed on an inner page. If that is true, I think it will just take a grade hit. I believe I once submitted a book to CGC where the center page was detached at one staple. I think it just took a grade hit .

(thumbsu

13 hours ago, Bomber-Bob said:

Not always true that you will get a Qualified case. I have a Universal CGC 6.5 with the cover completely detached at the top staple.