• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WB's SHAZAM 2 starring Zackary Levi (4/1/22)
1 1

696 posts in this topic

Helen Mirren has closed a deal to play the villain Hespera, a daughter of Atlas, in New Line and DC Films’ Shazam: Fury of the Gods, the sequel to the box office hit adaptation of the comic book. Zachary Levi is set to reprise his role of Shazam, with Rachel Zelger also aboard.

Shazam! Fury of the Gods is the anticipated sequel to New Line and DC’s 2019 film Shazam! and will continue the story of teenage Billy Batson who, upon reciting the magic word “SHAZAM!” is struck by the Living Lightning of the gods and transformed into his adult superhero alter ego.

Levi returns as the kid-at-heart superhero who is bestowed with the powers of six gods: the wisdom of Solomon, the strength of Hercules, the stamina of Atlas, the power of Zeus, the courage of Achilles and the speed of Mercury. While Shazam is a formidable champion, Billy is still just a fun-loving kid trying to navigate high school while learning how to use his powers.

3 minutes ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Why isn't Shazam (the first movie) shown on TV/cable?  If it has then it isn't very often cause I have yet to see it.  I would think they would do it as a form of advertising for the second movie.

Shazam was on HBO starting in 2019 and then spots throughout 2020.

Shazam! Fury of the Gods is heading into production and we are especially excited to see the return of the Shazamily. Billy Batson and his foster siblings are each played by two actors, which was revealed when the end of the first movie featured some great stars as the superhero versions of the young characters. We're certainly hoping to see more of everyone in the sequel and check out their new looks. In fact, Ross Butler, who plays the superhero version of Eugene, took to Instagram this week to tease new hero suits. The actor was doing a post in honor of Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month and decided to give a little Shazam tease.

"This month is Asian American Pacific Islander Heritage Month. I am proud to be a part of an ever-growing community of Asian American entertainers and storytellers dedicated to preserving what makes us unique, redefining what is assumed of us, and setting a new standard. Thank you all for consistently showing up and watching, reading, listening to AAPI art. We do this for you," Butler wrote. "Side note: this super suit is from the first movie. Cannot WAIT to reveal the fresh updated ones we got made for Shazam 2! Stay tuned."

rossbutler.JPG.9c96f635a6bbc1be774125a208a95bb1.JPG

1 hour ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

Why isn't Shazam (the first movie) shown on TV/cable?  If it has then it isn't very often cause I have yet to see it.  I would think they would do it as a form of advertising for the second movie.

What timing!

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

Shazam was on HBO starting in 2019 and then spots throughout 2020

HBO doesn't count.  I was thinking more along the line of TBS/ABC/etc.  Free cable (even though it technically isn't free)...but HBO/Showtime/etc. is less free LOL.

Don't know if that makes sense but I separate HBO/Showtime/etc. from regular cable.

***I have poor people cablelol

Looking like Shazam!! 2 will be filming 15 weeks from 'round about May 20 - August 30, 2021.  Currently casting for Jack's Stand-in among other Background Actors...  to think 45 years ago I could have qualified to be standing in for Freddy Freeman on set.  :preach:

1146716279_Shazam2FuryoftheGodsCastingCall.png.50f0fd536a9e20c475c058f63dbe10b9.png

416071640_Mustresemblephoto.png.a0ab3a1acc42c4d2a799e0aba2301896.png

143959903_FreddyCapt.MarvelJr.transform.png.5c86d738d0b6b24b633766c9d4f5362a.png

Faithe Herman, who plays the young Darla Dudley in Shazam!, recently revealed on Twitter that she's about to start filming the sequel. The young actress confirmed that she's finished filming This Is Us season 5 and won't take much of any time off before starting her next project, Shazam: Fury of the Gods. According to her, she's going to start filming the movie sometime next week.

It was previously revealed by fellow Shazam 2 star Meagan Good, who coincidentally plays Darla's Shazam form, that production began in May. Good didn't provide a more specific timetable for the DC production, but now Darla's other half has. Considering Shazam: Fury of the Gods doesn't come out until June 2023, this is a very early start to filming, but it does make sense. Herman is one of the sequels' many young actors who are rapidly growing and aging. This is why many expected Shazam 2 to start filming even earlier than this because the kids will look much older by the time the sequel happens. It is likely that Sandberg and WB are getting a jump on filming to not waste more time with the kid actors.