Black Knight #1 (Atlas 1955) Club!
4 4

93 posts in this topic

2,416 posts
13 minutes ago, TrevorP24 said:

I went looking for a club for this awesome rare book, and couldn't find one so I thought I would start it up.  I'm interested to see how many boardies have a copy of this one!

This is undervalued in my opinion. 

First appearance of Sir Percy, the original Black Knight

First appearance of the Ebony Blade, a legacy weapon that is among the most powerful in the marvel universe. 

First appearance of Morgan Le Fay

These significant first appearances combined with the rarity, puts this as a key book.

Here are my copies of #1 and #2.  These are hard to find in any condition.  I'd like to complete the set at some point.  

Scan_20190408 (3).jpg

Scan_20190408 (4).jpg

:cloud9: this series along with Speed Carter & Yellow Claw.

168 posts

Very Nice!  And yes very hard to find.

168 posts
2 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

Have 1, 2, 4, & 5. #3 eludes me but working a lead as we speak. 🤞🏻

25A76136-CB81-4111-B760-EC0E04BD64BF.jpeg.c532f5e2465979aeb4ed2038f2b42e32.jpegEB19DF4F-6A12-4CFC-AF2E-514324233504.thumb.jpeg.c4842199f8d6f1c0c446e5a57b02f1ca.jpeg

:tink:  Very nice!

1,561 posts
2 hours ago, TrevorP24 said:

I went looking for a club for this awesome rare book, and couldn't find one so I thought I would start it up.  I'm interested to see how many boardies have a copy of this one!

This is undervalued in my opinion. 

First appearance of Sir Percy, the original Black Knight

First appearance of the Ebony Blade, a legacy weapon that is among the most powerful in the marvel universe. 

First appearance of Morgan Le Fay

These significant first appearances combined with the rarity, puts this as a key book.

Here are my copies of #1 and #2.  These are hard to find in any condition.  I'd like to complete the set at some point.  

Scan_20190408 (3).jpg

Scan_20190408 (4).jpg

Sick date stamp...1955...

200 posts

I don't think I have ever run across issues 4 or 5, didn't even know what the covers looked like.

55,231 posts

So much great stuff Atlas put out in the 50s. It's a really underrated time period for the company, in my view.

3,677 posts

I have 2, 3, 4.  Turned down a 1 some years ago at a convention because I wasn't happy with the staples.  Should've just taken it...

168 posts
56 minutes ago, *Bronze age fan* said:

Cool comic!!! Add me to the club. 

CFCE42BA-7DB5-47E5-8312-0360B89145B1.png

Very nice copy!

2,416 posts
6 hours ago, *Bronze age fan* said:

Cool comic!!! Add me to the club. 

CFCE42BA-7DB5-47E5-8312-0360B89145B1.png

Hey Baf ! :hi:

Hope all is well! Any new milestones in your awesome collection? Since their are several newer members, thought I'd post a quick historic link:

-bc

7,449 posts

What’s up bro??? Thanks for the kind link!!! :headbang: I have been taking it real slow, picking up stuff here and there, but no where near what I was doing before. The idea of a complete Atlas run is to huge and expensive to wrap my head around. Haha Wish I would have attempted that years ago. The Black Knight #1 was a comic I always liked. Picked that up in 2017. Your collection is insane with the grades your scoring. Many props man! I enjoy seeing new posts from you with your acquisitions. :luhv:

913 posts

Great idea for a thread!  I have toyed with the idea of hunting down this issue, and maybe even trying to assemble the entire five-issue run.  You've inspired me to step up my game a bit and do a little more searching around!