• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Black Knight #1 (Atlas 1955) Club!
3 3

166 posts in this topic

38 minutes ago, YouFoundDonon said:

My 2.5 was on EBay and was at 3,000 or BO. Someone bought it out right without sending an offer and paid immediately. 

I just bought a 3.5 on CC for $2,100 last week too.... not complaints here... 

Well played sir :golfclap:

-bc

2 hours ago, YouFoundDonon said:

My 2.5 was on EBay and was at 3,000 or BO. Someone bought it out right without sending an offer and paid immediately. 

I just bought a 3.5 on CC for $2,100 last week too.... not complaints here... 

Also had my eye on that 3.5 but ComicConnect is not very user friendly for non-US bidders...

Well, I have been keeping watch on recent Black Knight sales on Ebay:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=black+knight&_sacat=63&LH_TitleDesc=0&_fsrp=1&_osacat=63&_sop=16&rt=nc&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1

It has been a while, but I bought Black Knight #1 and #2 from @jimjum12, and I believe I paid around $1500 for those books. BK #1 came back from CGC at 4.5, while BK #2 came back at 5.5. I then bought Black Knight #4 from @Ricksneatstuff for $425-ish. I then bought Black Knight #3 and #5 (which are currently at CGC), also from @Ricksneatstuff, for $650-ish. jimjum and rick, I'm not trying to rub your nose regarding my purchases; I'm just proving information for everyone.

Up toward the top of the list is Black Knight CGC 2.5, which sold for $3000. I have to say, I am honestly the thought is crossing my mind about selling the whole lot right before the movie hits. The pro of this decision is I could parlay this sale, along with selling my X-Men #1 CGC 3.0, into an X-Men #1 CGC 5.0 - 5.5. The drawbacks are two-fold. In all likelihood, I doubt if I could ever put this run back together. And secondly, if the Black Knight doesn't play that big a role in the Eternals movie, these prices would sink like a stone. Granted, that may make it easier to purchase these issues again, but nowhere near at the prices I originally paid. These books are now on the radar for many people.

What to do, what to do....

Keep in mind, Black Knight 1 is also the first appearance of Morgana LeFey. If ever she hits as a major crossover movie vilain this book could have long term legs. It’s definitely a hold book for me.

I really don’t see the importance of this iteration of the Black Knight vis a vis the Eternals since that movie will feature Dane Whitman. 

I gambled and bought a 3.0 a couple months back for a new GPA high, luckily the next sale topped it by 1000$. But yeah the Eternals zero-hype machine is very worrying short term. But long term, this book is gold!

Well I have no intention of selling in the next 20 some years. So basically I saw the book, it was within budget and I bought it. Couldn’t be happier. If I could have bought it for less 3 months from now, so be it. 

On 10/30/2021 at 2:49 PM, dikran1 said:

Well I have no intention of selling in the next 20 some years. So basically I saw the book, it was within budget and I bought it. Couldn’t be happier. If I could have bought it for less 3 months from now, so be it. 

I apologize if my post sounded it like it was directed at you or questioning your decision.  Not my intent at all!

I'm really just saying that anyone who wants in on the Black Knight but doesn't already own a copy should be patient.  Timing is key, and I've learned a few lessons about this the hard way.  I decided to upgrade my Special Marvel Edition #15 while the Shang-Chi movie hype was going strong, and I now see I could have achieved my goal much more cheaply had I waited 30-60 days.

Like you, I'm a collector who wants to hold onto these books for many years, so I have no regrets about my SME #15 and you shouldn't either about your Black Knight #1.  Especially with a scarce book like Black Knight #1, you (and I) have made a solid investment.