• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Black Knight #1 (Atlas 1955) Club!
3 3

166 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Now that I own a copy I have to ask -- what is the funny little white shape above the "t" in "Knight"?  It seems to be on all copies.

It's the logo for the distribution company, Independent Distributors... or something like that.... if you look closely, the white shape is actually North America. This appears on MANY comics from the 50's. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 10/13/2019 at 4:11 PM, Robo99 said:

Got my raw copy graded - pretty happy with the results - this one stays firmly in the PC :)

6C6E61D6-814C-44D6-8974-639005C1718C.jpeg

What do you guys think the fair market value of my book is? It’s so hard to judge given its rarity and fluctuating sales data. 

1 hour ago, Robo99 said:

What do you guys think the fair market value of my book is? It’s so hard to judge given its rarity and fluctuating sales data. 

It's hard to say -- as you say, prices are all over the place.  I am happy to share that I won my CGC 6.5 OW/W copy for $1,899 at the August 29 ComicLink auction.  Relative to the asking prices you will see on eBay, this is an absolute steal -- I've seen people asking for more than double what I paid -- but I would think auctions tend to provide the clearest indication of the true market for a particular book.

Anyway, I hope this helps you!

811264456_BlackKnight1CGC6.5.thumb.jpg.b315b280b8116a8a17aa6a846ca1bf0a.jpg

4 hours ago, Sweet Lou 14 said:

It's hard to say -- as you say, prices are all over the place.  I am happy to share that I won my CGC 6.5 OW/W copy for $1,899 at the August 29 ComicLink auction.  Relative to the asking prices you will see on eBay, this is an absolute steal -- I've seen people asking for more than double what I paid -- but I would think auctions tend to provide the clearest indication of the true market for a particular book.

Anyway, I hope this helps you!

811264456_BlackKnight1CGC6.5.thumb.jpg.b315b280b8116a8a17aa6a846ca1bf0a.jpg

Thanks man yeah I watched your book on comic link - great deal sir! I think we won’t have a clear indicator until eternals comes out and we see a few sales but my feeling is it’s a long term hold - with its rarity I honestly value it at being more than a lot of top 20 silver age marvel books - a lot of people probably don’t agree but if a black knight movie comes out of eternals there’s only 40 people (or fewer depending on people’s stash) that own a CGC graded copy and I have a feeling that the Rawls that are out there are only going to populate the lower segment grade wise of the census. Time will tell but I’m very happy to have my copy. 

On 10/23/2019 at 2:04 PM, Robo99 said:

Thanks man yeah I watched your book on comic link - great deal sir! I think we won’t have a clear indicator until eternals comes out and we see a few sales but my feeling is it’s a long term hold - with its rarity I honestly value it at being more than a lot of top 20 silver age marvel books - a lot of people probably don’t agree but if a black knight movie comes out of eternals there’s only 40 people (or fewer depending on people’s stash) that own a CGC graded copy and I have a feeling that the Rawls that are out there are only going to populate the lower segment grade wise of the census. Time will tell but I’m very happy to have my copy. 

I agree with you. This book could be very valuable in the years to come. 

Anyone watching the BK 5.0’s on offer on eBay for $4000 USD? Anyone think they will sell for close to that? It’s a tough book to value do to rarity and some up and down sales on gpa - do you think $4000 is a fair value for a 5.0?

5 hours ago, Robo99 said:

Anyone watching the BK 5.0’s on offer on eBay for $4000 USD? Anyone think they will sell for close to that? It’s a tough book to value do to rarity and some up and down sales on gpa - do you think $4000 is a fair value for a 5.0?

Feels high to me, but a couple mid grade sales shocked me so I would be too surprised. 

6 hours ago, Robo99 said:

It is way too low. I think that 5.0s should be closer to $10K, so the lowly 1.8/2.0 I have is at least a $2K book. 2c   :devil: