• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Scratched slab from CGC
1 1

5 posts in this topic

I recently got back my copy of Werewolf By Night 32 from CGC and it arrived with a number of scratches on the front of the slab and quite a few marks between the interior well and slab. Looks as if someone could have sneezed on the interior mylar(?) cover. The more than a dozen other slabs that I have are all crystal clear and scratch free. Does this sound like something that is worthy to be sent back and have re-encapsulated?

Not easy to capture with a camera but these shots give an idea.... there is a big chunk of something on Moon Knight's collar.

_MG_1822.jpg

_MG_1828.jpg

Edited by jokiing

The mark between the mylar and the slab are called newton rings. Check out the info here: 

You should be able to send it back and get it fixed. Contact them directly phone.

Hope that helps.

Thanks... I know about Newton Rings and there is a bit of that as well but what I am pointing out are individual spots that don't reflex light and maybe something like lint on Moon Knight's collar, hood and arm. Let's not forget about the scratches as well.

49 minutes ago, jokiing said:

Thanks... I know about Newton Rings and there is a bit of that as well but what I am pointing out are individual spots that don't reflex light and maybe something like lint on Moon Knight's collar, hood and arm. Let's not forget about the scratches as well.

I see everything you're talking about.  Just give them a call and go from there.  They'll likely slab it free of charge but you'll be responsible for shipping.