• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stolen Books - Harley Yee - Berkeley
3 3

210 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Bumble Kitty said:

I really hope the thieves are charged with a felony and not a misdemeanor.

The probability of them doing any time is zero.  CA decriminalized theft below $950 which means if you can grab it and get away from store clerks and security you are home free.  Catching the thieves is not an option for cops since worst case it is a ticket.

3 minutes ago, namisgr said:

Larceny occurs everywhere in the US.  These are the ten states with the highest larceny rate per capita:

1. New Mexico
  2. Alaska
  3. Louisiana
  4. South Carolina
  5. Washington
  6. Oregon
  7. Arkansas
  8. Arizona
  9. Utah
  10. Tennessee

New Mexico looks at theft as a Olympic sport

2 minutes ago, batman_fan said:

The probability of them doing any time is zero.  CA decriminalized theft below $950 which means if you can grab it and get away from store clerks and security you are home free.  Catching the thieves is not an option for cops since worst case it is a ticket.

Harley's theft case is well above that threshold in value.

Edited by namisgr

1 hour ago, JollyComics said:

Bunky Brothers, ComicConnect, NeatStuffCollectibles and Bedrock City are using the glass displays. They haven't robbed yet.

Glass cases would not have worked, since the comics were stolen in a smash and grab from a vehicle.

Just now, BitterOldMan said:

Glass cases would not have worked, since the comics were stolen in a smash and grab from a vehicle.

Correct - note the original incident was reported as a “robbery”, but it actually was an auto burglary so your statistics were quite apt. (thumbsu

1 hour ago, sacentaur said:

Seattle, another progressive Mecca. :sick:

Yeah, but at least in California we got rid of the straws in restaurants...well, sort of. :screwy:

But back to topic, I hope Harley gets all of his books back.  And I hope the three perps are prosecuted to the full extent of the law, as this is a high dollar robbery.

1 hour ago, batman_fan said:

My best friend got 25 to life over $300 in California. He’s been serving his sentence since 2005