• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Stolen Books - Harley Yee - Berkeley
3 3

210 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, NoMan said:

Perhaps I need to re-read thread. Did crooks follow Our Hero from the con to his dinning spot and unattended car or did they just break into a random car and saw comics?

They didn't say, just that they broke into his car while he was eating.  I am guessing they saw the boxes and decided to break in and see what they got.  More of a crime of opportunity than planned I gather

1 hour ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Oh, and by the way...this should be SOP, and I know many of you do this...but dealers:

SCAN YOUR INVENTORY.

If they're stolen, and cracked out, you will at least have markers to identify the books.

I'm hoping you'll come up this summer and help me with the 25,000 books I have not scanned.

Stealing anything worth $100K is not a serious crime in California so the cops do nothing.  I lived in California for five years from 1988 to 1993 and LA cops chased and arrested any petty thieves but not this time?

It has to do with the lawyers?  I heard it is so famous to get a lawsuit for anything nothing major in California so the cops do not want to deal the lawsuits?  Pretty lame.

Edited by JollyComics

52 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:
3 hours ago, lizards2 said:

I'm hoping you'll come up this summer and help me with the 25,000 books I have not scanned.

Are they slabbed?

Just about a 100

1 hour ago, RockMyAmadeus said:
1 hour ago, lizards2 said:

Just about a 100

We can knock out 100 in an hour. You busy Sunday...?

:D

I'm free, but I have scans of most of those.