Stolen Books - Harley Yee - Berkeley
3 3

210 posts in this topic

601 posts
Posted (edited)

Thought I'd pass some IG news along as I didn't see a topic on this. Really sucks!

Screenshot_20190409-080358_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20190409-080419_Instagram.jpg

Edited by Tbone911t

26,236 posts

Wow - that is terrible.  Did they smash in his van window and grab a short box? 

6,685 posts

One of the nightmares of doing shows is exactly this type of thing happening.  

1,858 posts

These reports of stolen goods are getting more and more frequent, and it depresses me.

Is there a centralized place for this type of information in the comic book community? Does http://stolencomic.com/ meet this need?

We should consider having a category on the forums dedicated to reporting stolen comics (with an optional e-mail alert?). 

2,278 posts
8 minutes ago, letsgrumble said:

These reports of stolen goods are getting more and more frequent, and it depresses me.

Is there a centralized place for this type of information in the comic book community? Does http://stolencomic.com/ meet this need?

We should consider having a category on the forums dedicated to reporting stolen comics (with an optional e-mail alert?). 

Sort of like a 911 system for the board detectives.

Image result for bat signal

26,236 posts
19 minutes ago, letsgrumble said:

I'm assuming Harley has insurance so I'm guessing all of our collectible insurance will have to clime with all these thefts occurring.  I told a co-worker about the story and approximated how much was sold and he said "you guys need better security with that much cash". 

3,481 posts

Terrible!  The "old school" feel of that event was really cool.  I spent an hour and a half making my first circuit of the room (just looking, not buying yet).  Was starting my second circuit and was going to buy a beautiful (no. 2 on census) and cool comic from a dealer, but he wanted cash for the best price (which was far far more than fair!) and when I left to hit an ATM to get the cash I got a call from my wife for a family emergency so I couldn't get back to finish the transaction.  I hope that the dealers don't get scared off by this sad turn of events because I plan on going to the next one.  Was a throw back to the convention of my youth.

42 posts

I'm probably gonna get a fire safe to keep all the really valuable comics so no one steals from me. Hope the person gets his comics back, and justice is served!

16,175 posts
4 hours ago, TwoPiece said:

:pullhair:

Find them, return the books, and bust out the guillotine.

You aren't kidding nothing like the fear factor to put a stop to this 

1,991 posts
50 minutes ago, sfcityduck said:

Terrible!  The "old school" feel of that event was really cool.  I spent an hour and a half making my first circuit of the room (just looking, not buying yet).  Was starting my second circuit and was going to buy a beautiful (no. 2 on census) and cool comic from a dealer, but he wanted cash for the best price (which was far far more than fair!) and when I left to hit an ATM to get the cash I got a call from my wife for a family emergency so I couldn't get back to finish the transaction.  I hope that the dealers don't get scared off by this sad turn of events because I plan on going to the next one.  Was a throw back to the convention of my youth.

Terrible is the right word! Scumbags.

Glad you enjoyed the show.

The books weren’t stolen at the show, but from his vehicle later that night.

From what I’ve read, three thieves have been caught, but most of the books are still unaccounted for, which is why we need to all be on the lookout for these books.

4,707 posts
5 minutes ago, wormboy said:

...From what I’ve read, three thieves have been caught...

That's an okay start.

Now bring out the guillotine...

160 posts
16 minutes ago, sagekilz said:

I'll keep saying it...

I hate people.

I usually say, "People suck."

Joe

200 posts

Well that Hulk 1 SS should be pretty easy to track. 

11,541 posts

My question is, how did the thieves know that Harley has something valuable inside his vehicle?  Did the vehicle have his dealer name on it "Harley Yee Rare Comics" or something like that?  If so, then he was broadcasting out publicly that he is a dealer of valuable comics. Was he followed after the show? I'm hoping there is some sort of security cameras that may have caught what had happened that may lead to identify these scumbags.  

That's a lot of books stolen from him.  Really hope he gets all of them back :wishluck:

1,858 posts
2 hours ago, bc said:

Sort of like a 911 system for the board detectives.

Image result for bat signal

Exactly!

40,143 posts
41 minutes ago, Joe Ankenbauer said:
59 minutes ago, sagekilz said:

I'll keep saying it...

I hate people.

I usually say, "People suck."

People ruin everything.