• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

submitting books for pressing

8 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I have a question, if I submit some books for pressing but I am not 100% sure if a pressing will help or if a pressing might damage a book will CGC/CCS not press books even if they are submitted for pressing if there's a possibility that the books may become damaged? or is it kind of a submitter beware deal?

1 hour ago, Krishosein said:

Hi All,

I have a question, if I submit some books for pressing but I am not 100% sure if a pressing will help or if a pressing might damage a book will CGC/CCS not press books even if they are submitted for pressing if there's a possibility that the books may become damaged? or is it kind of a submitter beware deal?

Damage is always a possibility.

With regards to damage though in general CCS wont press the book if its unsafe to do so. You will most likely get an email or phone call.
If you are unsure if pressing will help or not you can prescreen for pressing.

5 hours ago, joeypost said:

What era are the books from?

Silver age ASM 2- 2, 3, 6, 9, possible 11 but its beat up, Marvel spotlight 5, captain Britain 1, Marvel super heroes 13, might do some more of my spideys depending on how much my bill racks up or some PGX converts to CGC depending on funds left. but will probably submit these at a Convention.

8 minutes ago, Krishosein said:

Silver age ASM 2- 2, 3, 6, 9, possible 11 but its beat up, Marvel spotlight 5, captain Britain 1, Marvel super heroes 13, might do some more of my spideys depending on how much my bill racks up or some PGX converts to CGC depending on funds left. but will probably submit these at a Convention.

Submit a scan of the worst and best copy in the PGM section of the boards. That should help determine if they are safe enough to press. 

There is definitely some amount of risk involved with getting books pressed. I submitted a solid mid grade ASM 14 to CCS and they detached the bottom staple from the cover that I know was attached before I sent it in. I have dozens of CGC graded books that I've gotten pressed over the years with no issues but when it does happen, it certainly hurts. 

I knew someone who had a hulk one pressed and he swears the spine got split in the process but you have to assume some of the risk when you send it in

Edited by Bird