• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is wrong with this cover
2 2

38 posts in this topic

Love the cover.  The art is gorgeous.  Not sure why people are being hyper critical of it on the boards.  Like anything else, if you are looking for a reason not to like the art - you won't.  The very nature of this thread "what's wrong with this cover" suggests that the purpose is to be critical of the cover.  I suspect that the negative sentiment may have more to do with personal gripes about the seller (perhaps legitimate, perhaps not - none of my business either way) than it does the art, but I am reasonably certain that this book will have a ton of appeal on the secondary market when your average comic buyer get a look at it. 

my 2c

2 hours ago, Nico Esq said:

Love the cover.  The art is gorgeous.  Not sure why people are being hyper critical of it on the boards.  Like anything else, if you are looking for a reason not to like the art - you won't.  The very nature of this thread "what's wrong with this cover" suggests that the purpose is to be critical of the cover.  I suspect that the negative sentiment may have more to do with personal gripes about the seller (perhaps legitimate, perhaps not - none of my business either way) than it does the art, but I am reasonably certain that this book will have a ton of appeal on the secondary market when your average comic buyer get a look at it. 

my 2c

The nature of this thread was to try and help me find out why I dont like the cover. Like I mentioned in a previous post, at first glance I liked it, but then when I stopped and looked at it, something made it less desirable and I couldnt pinpoint what it was.

I dont know where you got the notion that I have a personal gripe with the seller. Ive bought from comic mint numerous times and will continue to buy if they put out a quality product (which this isnt).

This book has been on sale online for days now and yet to sell out, so much like your other assumption the secondary market appeal is questionable.

But youre right art is subjective, glad someone likes it

Edited by Avi

8 minutes ago, Avi said:

The nature of this thread was to try and help me find out why I dont like the cover. Like I mentioned in a previous post, at first glance I liked it, but then when I stopped and looked at it, something made it less desirable and I couldnt pinpoint what it was.

I dont know where you got the notion that I have a personal gripe with the seller. Ive bought from comic mint numerous times and will continue to buy if they put out a quality product (which this isnt).

This book has been on sale online for days now and yet to sell out, so much like your other assumption the secondary market appeal is questionable.

But youre right art is subjective, glad someone likes it

Not you - personally, maybe some of the onslaught of people in the thread, but at the very least two of my personal friends who have commented to me "I wouldn't give comicmint a dime ... [then they voiced some personal disputes which may or may not be legit].  Please don't take this as some sort of personal attack, and I am sorry if I wasn't clear about that and there was some sort of confusion.  But if you are on a fact finding mission, I think it's important to talk about this  My point is more like "you get what you measure" or "you'll find what you are looking for" and I think when you frame the question in the manner in which it was framed in the OP "What's wrong with this cover?"  ... then you are going to get an onslaught of negative comments.   It went on sale yesterday at 4:00 pm so it hasn't really been on sale for one day until 4:00 pm today.  Let's be clear about that.  

Edited by Nico Esq

On 4/9/2019 at 12:31 PM, Avi said:

I want to like this cover, but something about this cover just doesnt seem right and I cant quite figure it out.

Thoughts?

DCEASED #1 SHANNON MAER VARIANT

DCeased #1

It reminds me of deapools' hand when it starts growing back in the 1st movie. But in this case, its the whole body trying to catch up to the head. 

Edited by wolverine180

1 hour ago, wolverine180 said:

It reminds me of deapools' hand when it starts growing back in the 1st movie. But in this case, its the whole body trying to catch up to the head. 

There's a dirty joke here that would get me my first strike if I made it. lol

28 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Good grief. She started that show when she was 21. But hey, I'm only 13 years older than her! YAY!

I'm the same age as Brittany Spears lol

I'm waiting for the world to tell me she's old haha

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I'm the same age as Brittany Spears lol

I'm waiting for the world to tell me she's old haha

Quick search shows Beyonce was born in 1981 too...

You know what? I'm old doh!