• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mislabeled slabs

40 posts in this topic

9 minutes ago, kat123 said:

Just got this books back from Sarasota and to my surprise this was found!!!! 

Will cgc refund me the cost to send this back to them?

any one had this happen to?

its unbelievable........

C9EFF99E-234B-4259-8E3E-5A0D4F10C91F.jpeg

8762203F-CC98-4B7A-ADBA-CE5E90566997.jpeg

Wow.  That's a mess.  They should straighten everything out though.

22 minutes ago, kat123 said:

Just got this books back from Sarasota and to my surprise this was found!!!! 

Will cgc refund me the cost to send this back to them?

any one had this happen to?

its unbelievable........

C9EFF99E-234B-4259-8E3E-5A0D4F10C91F.jpeg

8762203F-CC98-4B7A-ADBA-CE5E90566997.jpeg

bmcmanus@cgccomics.com

Email her, Brittany McManus, she's good people at cgc :foryou:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM
Lower case b on the email

5 hours ago, Ovrclck said:

How does that even get passed quality control? ???

How did this post get PAST your spell-checker.....:baiting:  :bigsmile:  :foryou:

people make mistakes.  when you have high volume, then there are more opportunities for error.  .5% error rate for 50,000 books - just to pull numbers out of my * -  is still 250 errors.

i agree that it sucks though, in the sense of being rather inconvenient.  this is the kind of mistake that just seems hard to understand, although i don't know all the details about their process...which you would hope involves actually looking at the book but that is still just an assumption on my part there

Comparing the April 2, 2019 CGC Census to the April 9, 2019 CGC Census, there were 10,626 books graded in one week.

Assuming there is only one person responsible for encapsulating the book with the printed label, and assuming they work 40 hours, they would have to do 266 per hour, or about one book every 13-and-a-half seconds.

If there are two people encapsulating, it's one book every 27 seconds.  If there are three people encapsulating, it's one book every 40 seconds, etc.  That assumes multiple (identical) encapsulating machines as well.  :busy:

If they like to smoke, and most smokers take about 14 breaks a day, it's one book encapsulated every 0.3 seconds. :kidaround:

12 minutes ago, valiantman said:

Comparing the April 2, 2019 CGC Census to the April 9, 2019 CGC Census, there were 10,626 books graded in one week.

Assuming there is only one person responsible for encapsulating the book with the printed label, and assuming they work 40 hours, they would have to do 266 per hour, or about one book every 13-and-a-half seconds.

If there are two people encapsulating, it's one book every 27 seconds.  If there are three people encapsulating, it's one book every 40 seconds, etc.  That assumes multiple (identical) encapsulating machines as well.  :busy:

If they like to smoke, and most smokers take about 14 breaks a day, it's one book encapsulated every 0.3 seconds. :kidaround:

Gtfo.