• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

$10 box and under Golden age finds!
3 3

59 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

This was $10 at Collector's Bookstore in 1967 (they were always higher than Cherokee)...

16359190359_8c9b17ebc7_c.jpg

These were $2 each at Cherokee...

21580855038_2c743a24d4_c.jpg

15925291213_cf2411aced_c.jpg

This was $5 at Bond Street Bookstore in Hollywood in 1970...

16388856487_ddd499fd67_c.jpg

And more recently, this was $5 at a local comic shop 5 years ago...

16549106166_7ef94d627f_c.jpg

Man I sure miss those Hollywood book stores. :preach:

I made time payments for 6 months to pay $100. To Steve Edrington at Bond Street Books for my More Fun #52. Man I loved that book! He was a great guy!

At least a few.  I remember the Scribbly for sure because it was issue #9 for $9; the Authentic Police Cases because I remember where and when I got it and there's no way I would have paid more than $10 for what was (at that point) essentially a random non-super hero GA book, and the Jumbo was $3 for sure because I got it last month at ECCC.

I've got several others, but those are the ones I have scans of handy.  I've got an All-American Comics #15 which I originally paid $2 for, but it was coverless.  (I've since added the cover thanks to a board member here, but that was... notably more expensive. (:)

Scribbly_09.jpg

APC_12.jpg

Jumbo_101.jpg

Oh, yes, dates.  The Scribbly was early 90's and the Authentic Police Cases was late 90's, give or take a couple years on each.

Edited by OtherEric

15 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Man that's cool! You would have thought even back then it would have been worth more than 10 bucks.

I was 11 at the time and the store was having one of their half price sales that they ran between Christmas and New Year's Day.  This was priced at $20, but was half off.  I used my last $10 of spending money to buy it.

That #9 looks great.   Too bad that guy defaced it.  :)

Edited by kaculler

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

Man that's cool! You would have thought even back then it would have been worth more than 10 bucks.

I was collecting back then and never found anything close to that book for just 10 bucks.  Maybe 30-45.  I'd like to see the receipt. LOL.