• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

N J Art Con: Is anybody going to be there?

26 posts in this topic

Checking their sites I see that Albert Moy, Bechara and Anthony Snyder are attending .That's good enough for me. ......I'm there!

(but I still would like to know what other dealers will be setting up)

9 hours ago, BCarter27 said:

Yuuuup. I'll be there. How do you want your pictures... blurry or blurry+shaky?

Con photos are not James Bond martinis - shaken.  

As far as con photos go there's only one way for them to be served up - Clear...crystal clear...

4 hours ago, pemart1966 said:

Con photos are not James Bond martinis - shaken.  

Off-topic, but...has anyone ever seen a bartender STIR a martini??  I haven't.  Did that used to be a thing before James Bond came along??

Just now, delekkerste said:

Off-topic, but...has anyone ever seen a bartender STIR a martini??  I haven't.  Did that used to be a thing before James Bond came along??

Yes I have. Back in the days when a Tom Collins was a drink that people knew.

4 hours ago, delekkerste said:

I read that stiring your martini is the way you are really supposed to make it and much better than shaking.  That Bond had to ask for it shows how odd it was.  But people order it shaken now because they trust Bond and they don't know better.  

I have a question about these art shows.

I have been collecting awhile but still relatively inexperienced.  I go online and if I see something I like then I'll buy it.  

I went to the LAX Torpedo show last year but I didn't really get it.  I mean there were people eagerly waiting for the dealers to put portfolios out and flip though them quickly.  

I'm guessing that this means dealers are showing the new things they are bringing that are not yet on the websites and the collectors want to be the first to get a crack at it?

15 hours ago, NelsonAI said:

Unfortunately, there is another comic show in Long Island where Scott Williams will be appearing that same day.   I plan on going to that one. 

And you are making a wise choice!  lol Seriously, I'm looking forward to seeing you and anyone else on this message board who might be on the fence or might want to got to BOTH!  And yeah, I'll even have some sketches available (though no published art).  See you Sunday!

17 minutes ago, Peter L said:

I have a question about these art shows.

I have been collecting awhile but still relatively inexperienced.  I go online and if I see something I like then I'll buy it.  

I went to the LAX Torpedo show last year but I didn't really get it.  I mean there were people eagerly waiting for the dealers to put portfolios out and flip though them quickly.  

I'm guessing that this means dealers are showing the new things they are bringing that are not yet on the websites and the collectors want to be the first to get a crack at it?

Someone like bechara Doesn’t have a large web presence and it’s certainly not updated regularly so it pays to see what he’s got similarly cool lines will have prices which are not online Scott eder often brings a lot of things that are not online as well

People like Anthony Snyder generally have everything online or a lot of it

Edited by Bird

9 hours ago, pemart1966 said:

(tsk) Never let work interfere with con attendance.  :preach:  You can always work but you can't always attend a con  lol

Tell it to the judge on Monday when he asks why I'm not ready for trial. But there is always a chance I will make it anyway. My interests are not exactly a mystery around here.